Assistant Director for Institutional Research
Howard Community College (HCC) is an exciting place to work, learn, and grow! HCC has been awarded the distinction as a "Great College to Work for" since 2009 from The Chronicle of Higher Education.
Howard Community College values diversity among its faculty, staff and student population. We are an innovative institution that is committed to responding to the ever-changing needs and interests of a diverse and dynamic community. No matter where you want to go in your career, you can get there from here!
The Assistant Director will work with the executive director and associate directors to conduct research activities, including designing research studies and surveys for use within the college or in cooperation with community or county government groups. Collaborate with faculty, administrators, staff, and college teams to design, execute, analyze, and interpret a variety of outcome measures or trend data. Use large-scale databases as well as small data sets and appropriate statistical techniques to accomplish research or assessment objectives. Responsible to provide leadership and training in the development and use of web intelligence reports. Produce reports, charts, tables, graphs, and presentations synthesizing research/outcome assessment findings, and present findings to the president's team and to faculty, student, and staff groups. Interact with requesters and perform statistical analyses, and conduct data searches in response to internal and external requests.
* Lead data projects needed to ensure consistency and compliance with federal and state reporting requirements, ad hoc data requests, and cross-functional team support
* Retrieve data from the college's Administrative information system and the National Student Clearinghouse. Use SPSS, spreadsheet, and presentation applications to analyze, synthesize, and present data
* Plan and design research projects and surveys in cooperation with faculty and staff.
* Manage the web intelligence system by: assisting teams charged with designing new reports, developing materials and providing training to full-time faculty and staff on how to use web intelligence software and serving as the primary helpdesk official
* Present data in a clear and concise manner for non-technical staff and faculty as well as to higher level administrators to support data informed decision making, strategic planning, enrollment management, target marketing, resource development, and college-wide process improvement
* Work collaboratively and independently while managing multiple short-term and long-term projects to meet deadlines
* Coordinate the administering of state-mandated student surveys (such as graduate follow-up and non-returning students) Oversee data entry and scanning of these surveys
* Provide research support to college wide Middle States Association accreditation self-study, Baldrige educational performance excellence criteria evaluation, and assigned cross functional teams
* Evaluate and respond to external and internal information requests including requests from senior administration for special analyses. Work with requesters to clarify their needs and optimize the utility of research results
* Collaborate with staff in the Planning, Research, and Organizational Development and Learning Outcomes Assessment units in research and survey design, development of online and scannable paper surveys, and data analysis
* Work with HCC grant seekers and proposal developers in designing the evaluation component of proposed grants and in providing supportive data for grant proposals
* Master's degree is required in statistics, mathematics, computer applications, business, social sciences or related field requiring coursework in quantitative analysis
* A minimum of five years of experience in institutional research, outcomes assessment, educational research, applied statistics, social sciences, or a related field is required
* Evidence of an awareness and understanding of the institutional effectiveness and learning outcomes assessment focus in higher education
* Experience and proficiency with statistics, quantitative data analysis including multivariate techniques, and forecasting methods, such as those used in enrollment projection modeling
* Proven competency in the technical aspects of general and survey research, including research purpose and design, statistical and research methods, data collection and/or extraction, and data analyses and evaluation
* Up to date experience using SPSS or SAS and other computer software applications to support research and assessment
* Expertise in Business Objects reporting systems or equivalent
* Must be experienced with Microsoft Office Suite products, especially Excel
* Knowledge of state and federal reporting systems
* Extensive knowledge of institutional systems and resources and ability to establish and maintain effective, efficient, personable, and collegial working relationships with diverse faculty and staff members and off-campus researchers
Hours Per Week: 37.5
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday
Compensation: $60,896 plus excellent health insurance, paid leave and tuition reimbursement
FLSA Status: Exempt
Open Until Filled
For Best Consideration, Submit By: July 22, 2019
*Pre-employment criminal background investigation is a condition of employment.
Howard Community College (HCC) is an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action employer & values diversity within its faculty, staff & student population. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
HCC understands that persons with specific disabilities may need assistance with the job application process and/or with the interview process. For confidential assistance with the job application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 443-518-1100.
1. Cover letter
Link to submit applications: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__howardcc.interviewexchange.com_jobofferdetails.jsp-3FJOBID-3D112689-3F&d=DwIFAw&c=RAhzPLrCAq19eJdrcQiUVEwFYoMRqGDAXQ_puw5tYjg&r=OohqxIhyPMr4ksWXDLtZvQAbdOY_UHYR9e4eyBhk8ec&m=0EZznZx-bHFoThrq4uhywB2E1zRB8zumgC7bPgXJBnM&s=6WxNdu0YNIlJDjVjA0oAkeX1Oo-Ci4jFXL4JRU3GUFI&e=