Desktop Engineer , IT Engineer
- Full Time
The Desktop Engineer’s role specifically emphasizes the development, managing, and administration of all aspects of the university’s desktop management environment. They are responsible for all services related to enterprise level management and support of both Mac and Windows desktop computers. The position is also responsible for the development, delivery, and management of standard desktop operating systems, software packages, software deployments, and application configuration from an enterprise perspective. Additionally, the system engineer is responsible for operating system and software update deployments which are needed to meet security and audit requirements.
This Desktop Engineer position will develop the services that make up the desktop engineering environment. These services will include System Center Configuration Manager, JAMF Pro, System Center Endpoint Protection, Microsoft Group Policy, Desktop Imaging, and System Center Operations Manager (for servers). Additionally, this position assists with the management and administration of the Citrix Virtual Desktop Infrastructure as well as cloud based virtual desktop and application delivery, System Center Orchestrator, MBAM/BitLocker, and software licensing. This role will also serve in a consulting capacity for academic and business units of the University. We are seeking an engineer who enjoys problem solving while working in a team environment, and who has a diverse technical background from a variety of technical fields.
● Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university, or an equivalent combination of education and experience within information technology
● 4+ years as a system administrator working with Windows server operating systems in a large, enterprise Active Directory infrastructure
● Experience deploying, integrating, configuring, and securing Microsoft Windows 2012 and 2016 servers in Active Directory and standalone environments as well as hybrid environments (on-prem and cloud based)
● Experience and in-depth knowledge of Windows Server and Workstation, SCCM, imaging, and Group Policy
● Experience automating processes using programming\scripting languages Windows PowerShell, .NET, and Batch
● Experience performing systems planning and development to include new features in the Windows server operating system as well as the ability to deploy new applications and services
● Experience with virtualization in a large enterprise environment
MS Certifications – MCSA Windows Server 2012/2016 or MCITP: Enterprise Administrator
Microsoft SQL 2008/2012/2014 experience
Experience with macOS, JAMF, VDI, scripting, BitLocker, Microsoft Azure, InTune, Office
365, OMS, and Amazon Web Services
Experience creating and maintaining infrastructure on top of cloud services (AWS, Azure)
Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop experience
Excellent oral and written communications
Additional information: this position does not provide sponsorship for Visas.
Physical demands: work is performed in an office environment and requires the ability to operate standard office equipment and keyboards. Must have the ability to lift and carry small parcels, packages and other items, to walk short distances, and drive a vehicle to deliver and pick up materials.
Best consideration date: 08/06/2019 or open until filled
Please, apply at: https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/71744