About the Organization
CLASP’s mission is to improve the energy and environmental performance of the appliances and equipment we use every day, accelerating our transition to a more sustainable world.
We serve as the leading international voice and resource for appliance energy efficiency policies and market acceleration initiatives. From advancing the off-grid solar technologies, bringing power to energy-impoverished people, to cutting the catastrophic climate impacts of air conditioning, CLASP programs increase uptake of affordable, low-impact, high-quality appliances.Learn more about our programs.
Why Work for CLASP’s Operations Team
CLASP’s Operations team has grown significantly over the past two years. We work in partnership with our program teams and other key stakeholders to ensure they have the information required to effectively deliver on our mission.
Our team provides support to the organization on finance, reporting, HR, IT, office infrastructure and management. We use best in class applications to ensure we work efficiently and with the right tools. As CLASP’s global portfolio continues to grow, we are expanding our team to ensure we have adequate capacity to deliver outstanding service to our stakeholders. We are looking for motivated professionals who are excited to join a dynamic and diverse team and who are deeply committed to the organization's mission and values of collaboration, transparency, and service.
CLASP is seeking an Accountant to support the Operations Team to meet the organization’s rapid growth needs. Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Accountant will handle all aspects of Accounts Payable (AP) and Accounts Receivable (AR). This is a position with a high potential for growth, and the successful candidate will have a desire to maximize this role in terms of creating efficiencies and developing strong working relationships with both staff and vendors. S/he will work across the organization andshould possess a collaborative communication style. Candidates with experience working for international and non-profit organizations are strongly encouraged to apply.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Accountant will perform the following and other duties as assigned:
Accounts Payable- 60%
- Full-cycle processing of CLASP’s payables on a weekly basis including:
- Review of invoices for billing and pre-coding accuracy
- Ensure proper documentation of related documents such as contracts, procurement, and credit reports as needed
- Process invoices and wire payments accurately and in a timely manner.
- Review, reconcile, and approve employees’ expense reimbursement requests and credit card statements.
- Respond to all vendor and internal inquiries.
Accounts Receivable- 10%
- Process all payments and supporting documents.
- Reconcile payments with outstanding invoices, follow up with funders for payments.
- Generate and issue monthly invoices to funders.
General Ledger Support- 30%
- Update all relevant schedules on a monthly basis. Assist with annual audit.
- Update and maintain AP and AR procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have the following minimum qualifications:
- 3-5 years accounting experience in AP
- Degree in accounting or finance with understanding of US GAAP
- Knowledge of, and experience in, non-profit grants management accounting strongly preferred
- Accounting experience in a multi-country/currency preferred
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines, take initiative and work proactively
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a team member
- Excellent written and verbal ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel
- Knowledge and experience with Intacct, Nexonia, and Stampli ideal, but not required
Compensation and Location
CLASP provides its employees with a highly competitive salary that is benchmarked annually with other non-profit organizations in the DC metropolitan area. CLASP also provides a comprehensive and outstanding benefits package, including fully paid health insurance for individuals and competitive rates for families/dependents, unlimited leave and all federal holidays, an impressive match of employee contributions to the 403b retirement plan, and a collegial office environment that supports professional development, wellness, and flexible telecommuting options.
This position is full-time and based in CLASP’s Washington, DC office.
CEA Recruiting is assisting CLASP in their recruitment efforts. To be considered for this position, interested candidates must follow the link below to submit a resume and cover letter as well as your salary requirements through CEA’s job portal. Please direct all applications and inquiries to CEA Recruiting. The position will remain open until filled.
CLASP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.
CEA Recruiting works with leading environmental nonprofits, foundations, and businesses to recruit top talent and design effective organizational staffing strategies. For more information, visit www.cearecruiting.com.