Westat is an employee-owned corporation providing research services to agencies of the U.S. Government, as well as businesses, foundations, and state and local governments. Westat's research, technical, and administrative staff of more than 2,000 is located at our headquarters in Rockville, Maryland, near Washington, DC.
Westat is seeking an individual to participate in nationally significant epidemiologic studies working with government scientists from NIH and other agencies in human health research. This individual with assist in managing the day-to-day activities of ongoing research involving the collection, processing, and analysis of biospecimens and associated data.
· Conducting literature reviews in the areas of biospecimen collection and analytic methodologies.
· Working with study collaborators and project staff to develop and implement study protocols including preparing data collection forms, procedural manuals, and monitoring reports.
· Developing requirements for specimen management systems; overseeing data and biospecimen collection including working with programmers to develop requirements for QA/QC reports and reviewing generated reports.
· Identifying and evaluating analysis laboratories and biospecimen repositories and receiving and analyzing laboratory data.
· A master's degree in public health or a related field and 3 years of experience is required.
· At least one year of experience related to the collection and analysis of biospecimens for epidemiologic and survey research.
Strong oral and written communication skills, administrative abilities, and the capability to handle multiple tasks while working in a team setting are essential.
Westat offers competitive benefits with ESOP, 401k, Health, Dental, paid vacation, sick and holiday leave, professional development as well as other benefits.
Any offer of employment may be contingent upon receipt of acceptable results from a post-offer background screening, if required for the position, based on the specific position which may include, for example, identity verification, employment history, or criminal records history.
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other protected status under applicable law.