Office Support Specialist
Job Listing: The Office Support Specialist is responsible for performing general clerical/office activities to assist other administrative and/or professional staff. Functions include, but are not limited to: Greets visitors and answers phones; directs person(s) to the appropriate personnel and/or takes messages. Provides standard information regarding department procedures, policies, services, etc. upon request.
- High school diploma
- One (1) year of previous general office/clerical experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of general clerical/office practices and procedures including basic office workflow procedures.
- Knowledge of data processing methods, information storage and retrieval techniques.
- Skill in clerical/office functions such as typing/data entry, filing, answering telephones.
- Skill in the operation of basic office equipment and machines, computer terminal, copy machines, adding machines, etc.
- Skill in basic mathematical computations.
- Skill in communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
- Ability to interact with public.
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications.
How to Apply: please visit the city’s website at: www.cityofbowie.org and click on the employment link.
Application Deadline: Friday, July 26, 2019 BY 5:00PM
All applicants MUST submit a completed City of Bowie employment application in order to be considered for this opportunity.
The City of Bowie is a drug and alcohol-testing employer. EOE