LAND SURVEYING ESTIMATOR
GORDON, a multi-disciplinary firm of design professionals with the common goal of providing creative design solutions to today’s challenging environment is seeking a Land Surveying Estimator. The Land Surveying Estimator interfaces directly with the Survey Director and other Project Directors and Managers, as well as clients, to compile accurate and detailed cost estimates to provide a client or potential clients with land surveying services. He/she will do this by compiling the unit quantities or the unit hours under specific labor categories of proposed survey tasks or entire survey projects and create the budgets accordingly.
The duties include the following:
- Initiate proposals and keep track of proposal due dates
- Set up initial scopes of work based on client requests and a database of written services macros
- Make precise measurements of proposed site improvement features, determine rough property boundaries and areas. Provide data relevant to the shape, terrain, location, elevation, or dimension of land or land features for land surveys, construction, and other purposes.
- Actively tracks proposal awards and lost awards along service categories
- Track and organize IDIQ, On-call or BOA contract awards and current labor rate tables
- Develop and maintain a database of current unit costs based on recent past projects
- Maintain a database of hours and costs of potential future work and provide estimate reports to the Survey Director on potential future workload
- Perform site visits and photo document site conditions
- Coordinate and obtain cost proposals from subconsultants as needed
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite. Working knowledge in MS Project a plus
- May supervise estimating assignments of lower level employees on a as needed basis.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have experience with land surveying, project estimating and be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from a College or University in a surveying, engineering or related technical area of study preferred or a minimum 4 years of related experience and/or training. Must be able to read and understand construction plans and specifications. Have some AutoCAD skills.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be detailed oriented and have strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to effectively present efficient, timely, reliable information.
GORDON provides a comprehensive benefits package including medical / dental / vision and life insurance; short and long-term disability coverage; 401(k) Plan; Continuing Education Reimbursement; and more. Salary commensurate with experience. Please send resume and cover letter in PDF format, including salary requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.gordon.us.com.