Senior Admin Assistant
- Full Time
Position Title: Senior Administrative Assistant
Reports To: Executive Director and Director of Operations
Location: Washington, DC Office
Date: July 2019
I. Major Functions:
The Senior Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing support to the NAAEE Executive Director (ED), Director of Operations, and NAAEE’s portfolio of programs. Responsibilities include administering NAAEE’s office operations, overseeing contracts, monitoring NAAEE’s grant deadlines and deliverables, managing the Executive Director’s calendar, travel, and other tasks, coordinating donor support efforts, and assisting with event planning.
This position reports to the Director of Operations and Executive Director, but provides support for the entire NAAEE team on projects, as needed.
II. Major Responsibilities:
Provides support to the organization and staff, including:
- Office Administration
- Manages onboarding process for new staff, including facilitating paperwork, working with Technology Manager to obtain emails and technology, preparing an orientation schedule, and ensuring new staff are enrolled in the necessary insurance plans
- Co-coordinates NAAEE’s intern program, including working with project managers and the ED to finalize intern selection, providing orientation, and serving as point-of-contact, as needed
- Tracks all insurance policies and assists Director of Operations with management of policies and other necessary forms and paperwork related to the organization
- Serves on NAAEE audit team, to update internal controls and ensure files are accurate and audit-ready
- Helps answer the phone and emails, supports team members, and provides assistance as needed to create a positive and friendly atmosphere; continuously looks for ways to improve overall operational efficiency
- Executive Support
- Assists the ED with overall support, including drafting emails and letters, answering phones, creating PowerPoints, reviewing budgets, and other tasks as needed
- Assists the ED with scheduling meetings and travel, including virtual and in-person meetings
- Assists the ED with booking travel arrangements
- Processes ED’s expense reports
- Grant & Contract Management
- Works with Director of Operations to draft and track all contracts, subawards, honorariums, and sponsorships, including obtaining necessary paperwork and monitoring deadlines and budgets
- Reviews all out-going invoices for accuracy
- Tracks all grant and agreement deadlines, budgetary information and reporting requirements, and works with program managers to ensure deadlines are met
- Donor & Auction Management
- Oversees donor management process with appropriate program staff and ED, including drafting thank you notes and notifying staff of payments received
- Drafts correspondence to funders, as needed
- Manages NAAEE’s scholarship auction, pre-conference and onsite, with volunteer auction chairs
- Takes on special projects and performs general research and other duties as needed.
III. Supervisory Responsibility:
IV. Working Relationships:
- Internal: Daily contact with NAAEE staff, members, and supporters. Communicates with others to compile and disseminate information as requested.
- External: Daily contact with external partners and colleagues related to all aspects of the position.
V. Minimum Skills and Experience Required:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (A degree in environmental education, communications, or conservation is a plus.)
- Experience: Must have at least 3 years of administrative and/or program experience.
- Skills and Abilities: Exceptional organization and communication skills, including managing online files and in-office files, writing, editing, customer service, and comfortability with technology. Also must have an ability to work efficiently, with flexibility, creativity, initiative, positive energy, discretion, and good humor. Ability to work independently as required but to also work effectively as a team member. Ability to juggle multiple projects, meet deadlines, and exercise tact and diplomacy. Position requires an individual who is culturally competent and can work with individuals representing a diversity of backgrounds and perspectives.
For more than four decades, the North American Association for Environmental Education has worked to strengthen and expand the field of environmental education, with a growing network of support including:
- More than 20,000 members and supporters, including members of our Affiliate Network
- 56 state and provincial Affiliate organizations
- More than 30 countries around the world
NAAEE’s mission is to advance environmental literacy and civic engagement using the power of education to create a more equitable and sustainable future. We support a collaborative, team-oriented, dynamic, and enjoyable work environment. We believe that happy and fulfilled employees who are trusted to do their best create a stronger, highly productive and effective team, contributing to the greater success of the organization and our mission.
How to Apply:
If you’re a team player with strong attention to detail who is excited about working to strengthen NAAEE and create positive environmental and social change—please apply. All candidates should be culturally competent and value working with individuals representing a diversity of backgrounds and perspectives. This position is based in DC. Please email resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com with “Senior AA [First & Last Name]” in the subject of your email. We will accept applications until the position is filled and are looking to hire as soon as possible.
Apply for Senior Admin Assistant
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly