Do you believe that everyone deserves access to affordable, quality healthcare? Are you driven by creativity, bold ideas, and disruptive innovation? Are you inspired by exceptionally talented, diverse, impact-oriented colleagues? Do you thrive in a dynamic, high-growth, fast-paced environment? Most importantly, are you fed-up, even disgusted, with the status quo of foreign assistance in the health sector? Then consider a job with ThinkWell.
ThinkWell is a growing, flexible health systems organization, with both global influence and local grounding. Our focus is on driving transformation in the global health space by always questioning and disrupting conventional wisdom about what works or what can or cannot be done. We develop solutions tailored to a client’s context and political realities and do not replicate global models and all-purpose solutions and believe in pragmatisms over ideology. We know that to drive change, we must focus on how the world could be, rather than making excuses for the status quo.
We are currently recruiting a Contracts Officer who is enthusiastic to shape the growth of our enterprise and who is keen to provide procurement, contracts, and technical advisory services to a cutting-edge portfolio. This dynamic role requires a combination of strong facilitation, management acumen, and a creative and dynamic mindset to drive ideation, innovation, and growth. We are seeking individual(s) who will enable and empower teams, contribute to our organizational values, learning, and high performance while driving external engagement with regional and global actors.
- Manage a portfolio of contracts from multiple donors including the United States Government, Foreign Governments and Private Foundations
- Review and negotiate terms and conditions with donors, clients, vendors, and other suppliers.
- Create complex modifications to subcontracts
- Inform, create templates and train employees on contract and compliance topics with donor and ThinkWell policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance to contract/subcontract requirements.
- Lead and prepare cost and pricing proposals. Determine, with input from technical staff and design lab.
- Prepare RFQ's, review quotes and assist in selecting vendor, prepare justification.
- Provide general contract implementation support to all offices.
- Negotiate and manage consulting agreements.
- Ensure the legal entity status of companies are maintained
- Provide any additional support as required in the area of expertise
- BA/BS Degree OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 10 years of work experience in international development procurement, contract management, and technical support to corresponding implementing agencies;
- Experience with the clients' (USAID, CDC, Private Industry) rules and regulations
- Experience preparing complex budgets in Excel for multi-year cost proposal submissions
- Excellent spoken, analytical, and writing skills in English and preferably in another language (English; French);
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 10%
Who You Are
- Has a ‘can-do’, ‘anything is possible, ‘start-up’ ethos combined with a strong sense of urgency and action orientation;
- Possesses a strong desire to lead with a facilitative and mentoring approach;
- Thoughtful systems thinker with grounded, pragmatic understanding of the complexities of achieving development outcomes;
- Committed to modeling a work culture that strongly espouses individual authenticity, open feedback, intelligent failure, and collective impact;
- Ability to flourish in a dynamic, often chaotic, organization that fundamentally values iteration and evolution over stability and predictability;
- Ability to externally represent and convey Thinkwell’s passion
- Intuitive ability to relate and connect with people from different cultures, orientations, and operating lenses (political, technical, funder, business partner, etc.); with special acumen on maintaining positive relations in a virtual world.