Affiliate Network Coordinator
2 days left
- Full Time
Position Title: Affiliate Network Coordinator
Reports To: Director of Policy & Affiliate Relations
Location: Washington, DC Office
Date: June 2019
I. Major Functions:
The Affiliate Network Coordinator is a key member of the North American Association for Environmental Education team that provides support to the NAAEE Affiliate Network and individual Affiliate organizations. Working closely with the Director of Affiliate Relations and Policy, the coordinator will serve as an NAAEE liaison to the Affiliate Network, maintaining strong and positive relationships with each Affiliate. This position will advise and support strategic investments and communication to build and strengthen capacity the NAAEE Affiliate Network. Key roles include managing on-going communications with state, regional, and provincial Affiliates, maintaining current contact information and other state-specific records, participating in Affiliate Network Steering Committee and workgroup meetings, and prioritizing strategies and investments for meeting the unique needs of NAAEE’s Affiliate organizations.
This position reports to the Director of Affiliate Relations and Policy and is fully funded for two years, with potential for continued funding.
II. Major Responsibilities:
Key responsibilities include:
- Work with NAAEE staff and the Affiliate Network Steering Committee to foster a healthy, productive Affiliate Network. Determine appropriate strategies and tools for measuring network health and capacity
- Support Affiliate leaders in building capacity for collective and local efforts to advance environmental education. Serve as a point of contact for NAAEE’s network of 56 state, regional, and provincial Affiliates
- Contribute to the development of key resources and professional learning for Affiliate leaders
- Work collaboratively with NAAEE and the Affiliate Network Steering Committee to plan an annual strategic planning retreat for the Committee (including coordinating logistics and providing programmatic input)
- Coordinate communications between NAAEE and individual Affiliate organizations (including monthly electronic newsletters, eePRO content, emails, and other communications)
- Manage administration of the Affiliate Network, which includes working with the Affiliate Network Steering Committee and NAAEE staff to maintain affiliate pages on the NAAEE website, helping manage the Affiliate group on eePRO, and maintaining current Affiliate records (including regularly updated contact information and an Affiliate photo library)
- Collect and communicate information related to the status of the state-wide Environmental Literacy Plans and baseline information toward a comprehensive report on the state of environmental education (EE) across the country
- Actively participate in efforts to build a more equitable and inclusive Affiliate Network and EE field
- Represent NAAEE at major conferences, events, and meetings, and take part in all creative planning and staff retreats to strengthen the organization, build teamwork, and promote a culture of equity and inclusion
III. Supervisory Responsibility:
IV. Working Relationships:
- Internal: Maintains daily contact with NAAEE staff, Affiliates, and supporters. Communicates with others to compile and disseminate information as requested.
- External: Maintains daily contact with external partners and colleagues related to all aspects of the position.
V. Minimum Skills and Experience Required:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (A degree in environmental education, communications, or conservation is a plus.)
- Experience: Must have at least three years of communications, member relations, and/or program experience. Experience with or belonging to an Affiliate is a plus.
- Skills and Abilities: Excellent organization and communication skills, including managing data, writing, editing, and proofreading. Must have the ability to work efficiently with flexibility, creativity, initiative, positive energy, discretion, and good humor. Ability to work independently as required and work effectively as a team member. Ability to juggle multiple projects, meet deadlines, and exercise tact and diplomacy. Position requires an individual who is culturally competent and can work with individuals representing a diversity of backgrounds and perspectives.
For more than four decades, the North American Association for Environmental Education has worked to strengthen and expand the field of environmental education, with a growing network of support including:
- More than 20,000 members and supporters, including members of our Affiliate Network
- 56 state and provincial Affiliate organizations
- More than 30 countries around the world
NAAEE’s mission is to advance environmental literacy and civic engagement using the power of education to create a more equitable and sustainable future. We support a collaborative, team-oriented, dynamic, and enjoyable work environment. We believe that happy and fulfilled employees who are trusted to do their best create a stronger, highly productive, and effective team contributing to the greater success of the organization and our mission.
How to Apply:
If you’re a team player with a high energy level, who is excited about working to strengthen NAAEE’s Affiliate Network and create positive environmental and social change—please apply. All candidates should be culturally competent and value working with individuals representing a diversity of backgrounds and perspectives. Strong preference is for the position to be based in DC, but we can be flexible for the right candidate.
Please email resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “AN Coordinator [First & Last Name]” in the subject of your email. We will accept applications until the position is filled.
Apply for Affiliate Network Coordinator
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly