Systems Control Engineer III
Fairfax Water is a respected leader in the drinking water industry, supplying drinking water to nearly two million people in the communities of Fairfax, Loudoun, Prince William, Herndon, Vienna, Alexandria, Falls Church, and Fairfax City. We are Virginia’s largest water utility and one of the 25 largest water utilities in the country, serving one of every five Virginians who obtain their water from public utilities. We aim to uphold customer trust by providing water of exceptional quality and reliability at a reasonable price, supporting the high quality of life and economic vitality of Northern Virginia.
Description – Systems Control Engineer III
Fairfax Water has an immediate opening for a Systems Control Engineer III. Under limited supervision of the Manager, Instrumentation and Systems Control, performs advanced specialized engineering work associated with the maintenance of computerized process control, data acquisition and/or data transmission for water plant production and distribution systems.
Essential functions include:
Performs advanced specialized engineering work associated with the maintenance of computerized process control, data acquisition and/or data transmission of water plant production and distribution systems by:
- Evaluating various plant processes and operations for control scheme and network optimization and troubleshooting process control malfunctions.
- Maintaining existing control and network strategies and recommending modifications to the Manager.
- Maintaining the control and historical databases.
- Developing new data, presentation formats, including display graphics and reports, in conjunction with the appropriate operations and engineering personnel.
- Maintaining system hardware, including both preventive maintenance and emergency repair.
- Administering system security tasks.
- Graduation from a four-year college or university with a bachelor’s degree in Engineering and a minimum of eight years progressively responsible experience in process control engineering, instrumentation and/or networking; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Registered Professional Engineer or Systems Control Engineer in the Commonwealth of Virginia or be registered in another state with the ability to become registered in Virginia within 12 months of being hired.
- Advanced knowledge of communication systems, using radio, phone and fiber optics, and distributed control systems.
- Knowledge of the theory and practice of the design, processes and operation of public water supply facilities.
- Advanced knowledge of process instrumentation, process control techniques, field sensors and controllers, digital control hardware including Programmable Logic Controllers, Relay Ladder Logic and control software and/or networking hardware/software.
- Considerable experience with computer hardware and software
To review the full requirements for the position please go to our website at www.fairfaxwater.org and apply online. Fairfax Water offers competitive salaries as well as a comprehensive benefits package, including excellent health insurance, tuition reimbursement, flexible spending accounts, and a defined benefit retirement plan. The salary range for this position is $78,561.60 to $128,689.60 per annum. Applications must be received by August 11, 2019 no later than 4:30PM.