Senior Machinist - NE7
EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) headquartered in Englewood, CO, with additional locations world-wide, is a premier global provider of satellite solutions and technology services. Together with its major subsidiaries—EchoStar Satellite Services and Hughes Network Systems— EchoStar offers employees the opportunity to explore the boundaries of what’s possible in the fields of engineering and the business functions transforming this engineering into revenue.
Hughes Network Systems, located in Gaithersburg, Maryland is currently seeking a Senior Machinist, to support our manufacturing operations group.Â
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
* Plans machining by studying, engineering drawings, materials, specifications, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
* Programs mills by setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
* Sets-up lathes by installing and adjusting three or four jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, and stops
* Verify machinery settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces; adhering to international standards.
* Maintains specifications by drilling, grooving, cutting, turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing .
* Responsible for measurements, detecting malfunctions and troubleshooting processes
* Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
* Understand and maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements
* Will work in a fast-paced production environment to provide technical support to Operations/Manufacturing.
* Responsible for creating programs for 3D printing of prototype parts
* Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
* High School Diploma
* 6+ years of similar work experience
* Robotics knowledge
* SAP experience
* Experience in MS Office
* Excellent verbal and written skills
* Familiar with PTC Creo, 5 Axis Milling, and Cam Complete
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Citizenship is required for certain positions. EEO is the law.