Graduate School USA is an active learning community with a rich history that spans almost a century. We offer a range of programs and services designed to serve the needs of organizations and individuals in both government and the private sector.
Graduate School USA is currently seeking a Proposal Manager with the ability to take on and overcome challenges in a fast-paced growing environment. The PM plays a critical role in the development of 100% compliant, compelling and winning proposals. They will leverage their thorough understanding of and excellence in the activities of the entire proposal process.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• • Oversee/manage day-to-day operations of the Proposal/Contracts office and staff.
• • Manage GSA Federal Supply Schedule contracts and other government-wide acquisition vehicles through which the School offers its services to customers.
• • Manage the full life cycle of RFP analysis, response development and submission.
• • Manage and/or write the technical proposal sections, RFI responses, white papers, resumes, past performance citations or other proposal narratives in response to solicitations.
• • Interpret RFP requirements for compliance mapping.
• • Develop proposal templates, outlines, compliance matrices, resource assignments, production checklists and bid/proposal budgets.
• • Develop and maintain the proposal schedule and reports on progress.
• • Collaborate with Capture Managers, Business Development Managers, Subject Matter Experts, Program Managers, etc.
• • Coordinate, prepare and participate in proposal meetings and reviews.
• • Participate in upkeep of proposal operations reference databases by reviewing to ensure complete and correct information. (Databases include proposal content, graphics, past performance, reusable assets, etc.)
• • Write lessons learned reports – collect and compile input.
• • Monitor government and private sector requests for proposals to identify bid opportunities for the School. Consult with leadership to assess the school’s capabilities to offer services requested. Work to ensure consensus on proposals; issue the final “go/no-go” decision.
• • Work with business unit representatives and account managers to lead the School’s preparation, negotiation, structure, interpretation, administration and acceptance of contracts and proposals that establish business relationships with government and commercial partners.
• • Develop proposal outlines, compliance matrices, schedules, storyboards and other documentation associated with proposal development.
• • Prepare and lead proposal development presentations and meetings.
• • Assess technical, financial, schedule and other risks associated with bid opportunity.
• • Clearly define the scope of work and level of effort and ensure proposal plans meet the objectives of the proposal budget and timeline.
• • Identify, secure and maintain key strategic partners, including small and large businesses, to enhance the breadth of capabilities and competitiveness.
• • Advise management of contractual rights and obligations and provides interpretation of terms and conditions; advise management regarding prices, availability, and substitutions.
• • Create, negotiate and incorporate contract amendments, renegotiating the contract, if required, to accommodate scope changes or changes in organization requirements; review contract budget variances and take corrective action as needed.
• • Keep apprised of regulatory issues and other matters affecting contract requirements.
• • Responsible for developing cost proposals and pricing schemes in conjunction with the Business Office.
• • Responsible for working with VP of Training and Program Management to identify and implement appropriate resources (human capital, tools, processes)
• • Responsible for working closely with Business Development to develop capture strategies and proposal themes.
• • Assist with other duties such as metrics tracking, compliance reviews, quality reviews, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• • Must have an advanced understanding of government contracting and procurement, including GSA Federal Supply Schedule (preferably MOBIS 874). Must have an expert understanding of the full life cycle of contracts and proposals. Must understand the vendor/service provider selection process and be able to evaluate vendor/service provider performance and quality.
• • Must have knowledge of RFP life cycle management and federal procurement regulations.
• • Must be able to interpret complex proposals and contracts.
• • Must have a working knowledge of pricing and government cost principles.
• • Skilled in analyzing RFPs and preparing outlines, schedules and proposal templates.
• • Proven ability to work with/interview Subject Matter Experts to understand and write about complex technical and management approaches.
• • Ability to lead strategic meetings.
• • Bachelor’s degree is required; Master’s degree is preferred. APMP certification is a plus, but not required.
• • Minimum 10 years of experience leading or managing a full-service proposal function developing and pricing complex responses to RFPs.
• • At least 5-10 years of supervisory/management experience, with the ability to oversee a small to midsize team of employees.
WHY WORK at GRADUATE SCHOOL USA?
• • Office located in the heart of DC with Metro access
• • On-site fitness center
• • Casual Friday
• • Medical, Dental and Vision
• • AFLAC supplemental coverage
• • Tuition Assistance
• • Personal Development
• • Rooftop Terrace View
• • Heart of the DC Food Trucks
• • Easy access to museums and sporting venues
• • 401k
• • Transportation Benefit
• • Employee Assistant Program
• • Free Professional Development Courses
Interested applicants must submit a resume and cover letter (please include cover letter in Resume Text section of the online application) for consideration by clicking on the following link to apply online:
Graduate School USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.