Digital Learning and Design Manager
We are the oldest and largest global professional membership organization representing the field of endocrinology. Our members come from 122 countries, with 40 percent living outside the United States. We are unique in that our members are not only on the frontier of breakthrough research discoveries, but they also apply this knowledge in the treatment of patients with hundreds of debilitating hormone-related diseases and conditions.
We are seeking an innovative Manager, Digital Educational Technologist to support and strengthen the Endocrine Society’s cutting-edge digital education to foster enhanced learning experiences and ensure compliance with CME and MOC activity requirements. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated a broad array of technical expertise in course creation software and use of applications for enhancing the tools used in course creation. You will work with subject matter experts to manage and direct the course development process to deliver innovative and interactive learning experiences and foster a culture of continuous improvement.
What you’ll bring to the job:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience; 4+ years’ experience developing and managing continuing professional education programs is required. Previous association/non-profit online education experience are preferred.
- Experience with the following components/systems:
- Learning management/content management systems
- Document authoring tools (e.g. Adobe Acrobat)
- Multimedia authoring and editing tools (e.g. Adobe Captivate)
- Customer relationship management or association management systems
- Experience with the following components/systems is highly desirable:
- HTML, CSS
- ACCME’s Program and Activity Reporting System (PARS)
- Microsoft PowerBI and Planner apps
- SharePoint document management
- Webcasting and recording tools (GoToWebinar or Zoom preferred)
- Interpersonal awareness, consensus-building, and collaboration skills, including ability to seek out the facts and pertinent information before drawing conclusions and listening and responding to people with sensitivity and directness.
Travel is required several times a year; weekend work is occasionally required.
We believe in and empower our staff. We know that with our investment in their growth, they have an even greater potential to contribute to our organization. Our core values embody the character and culture of our staff – they guide our decision making, interactions and how we serve our members. As an organization, we are committed to: demonstrating responsible stewardship, treating one another with trust and mutual respect, supporting work life balance, sustaining an inclusive environment, and fostering an environment that encompasses communication, service, collaboration, results & innovation.
What you’ll own:
Develop and administer e-learning activities
- Manage and direct course development process, adapting material provided by subject-matter experts for delivery in a range of media, with emphasis on e-Learning.
- Train content authors with publishing content from authorware tools.
- Design and create high-quality, engaging and effective e-learning course templates.
- Maintain LMS content publication standards to ensure all activities meet functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications.
- Quality assurance (QA) testing of courses prior to their release; uploading/testing courses in the LMS.
- Assist with development of customized and standard reports for educational portfolio analysis.
- Foster and maintain relationship with technology vendors.
- Assist in data validation and reporting of annual ACCME reports and individual learner completions via the Program and Activity Reporting System (PARS).
Integrate and support other systems used for the promotion and delivery of the Society’s educational content
- Develop exercises, activities, learning assessments, and other collateral materials to facilitate learning in various delivery platforms.
- Liaise with technology vendors to develop high quality digital educational products.
- Liaise with program coordinators/managers, internal database administrators, and other technical staff or vendors to create evaluation/outcomes reports and build reporting templates/analytics tools.
Align technology solutions with Society’s CME & MOC-accredited requirements
- Review CME program evaluation summaries annually, identify and analyze key information/data for purposes of an overall CME Program Evaluation.
- Develop reports and analyze data for CME Activities.
- Help the education team and collaborators to identify, implement, and document improvements to the CME and MOC program on a continuing basis.
- Assist with the integration of new ACCME Criteria for Commendation to ensure continued Accreditation with Commendation status.
Other duties as assigned.
What you’ll do well:
- Plan and organize the work of a group, department or project and establish effective priorities. Consider effective use of time. Demonstrate ability to “think outside the box” for solutions or ways to accomplish the job in a more effective way. Handle projects responsibly (including expense management). Prioritize as needed and meet deadlines. Communicate challenges/barriers to supervisor. Collaborate and share progress with others to get the project completed. Demonstrate effective delivery of completed project.
- Anticipate the implications and consequences of situations and taking appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies. Anticipate possible problems and develop contingency plans in advance. Notice trends and develop plans to prepare for opportunities or problems. Anticipate the consequences of situations and plans accordingly. Anticipate how individuals and groups will react to situations and information and plans accordingly.
- Work cooperatively with others to achieve common goals. Effectively work and complete assignments in group settings by listening and responding appropriately to other team members, offering support, conferring with team members about their concerns, expressing disagreement constructively and working toward solutions that all team members can support.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with members by listening, understanding and responding to identified needs. Respond to member/leadership/community needs; actively promote positive relationships with the membership and other groups (committees, leadership, stakeholders, etc.). Exhibit high level of customer service and identify ways to improve service procedures/levels within own positions. Respond and follow-through on internal and external requests.
What you’ll get out of it:
- Working with a staff that has passion for our mission, believes in one another and has fun.
- The chance to work in an environment that empowers staff to take informed risks and create new programs and services.
- A chance to make a contribution in a fun job with room to make it your own.
- A strong and competitive salary and benefits package that focuses on your well-being and financial health.
Endocrine Society offers a convenient downtown DC location within walking distance of Farragut North/Farragut West and Foggy Bottom Metro stations. Qualified candidates interested in a purposeful work environment, competitive salaries and excellent benefits, including a generous TIAA- CREF retirement plan with 10% employer contribution, submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements.