Title: School Nurse
Reports To: Business Manager & CFO
Job Goal: The Nurse is responsible for all issues relating to the health and welfare of the students during their attendance at the school. Serves as a liaison to parents on health and wellness issues and provides education/training on health issues to students, staff & families.
Education and Experience
- Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Current First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation certification
- Minimum of two years’ professional nursing experience, preferably in a school or pediatric setting
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of children’s intellectual, social, emotional, and physical development
- Highly motivated with outstanding oral, written, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to create and maintain an environment conducive to learning
- Demonstrates sensitivity, good judgment and confidentiality in working with students and parents
- Strong organizational skills
The nurse is responsible for all issues relating to the health and well-being of Browne Academy students and staff during their attendance at the school. These include, but are not limited to:
- Assists the Head of School and Administrative team with the development and maintenance of school health policies.
- Provides nursing care to ill or injured students or staff during the school day.
- Provides health information and in-service programs on health topics including blood borne pathogens to faculty and staff.
- Provides health related classroom instruction.
- Manages school health records in accordance with Virginia state and Department of Social Services regulations.
- Maintains accurate medical records to assure compliance with state mandates including immunizations, physical examinations, and medical conditions.
- Initiates contact with, and acts as a liaison between home, school, community health agencies and the private medical sector to enhance the health and wellness of the school community.
- Maintains communication with administrators, teachers, staff, and school families to enhance cooperative action, which will meet the health and safety needs of the students.
- Other projects and tasks as communicated by supervisor or Head of School.
Terms of employment:
Staff Level Position
Monday through Friday (35 hours per week)
8:00am – 3:00pm
12 Month position