National Association located in Arlington has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Executive Assistant. This position supports the Executive Director and Deputy Executive Director. Candidate should have some experience working in the nonprofit sector and have good communication and organizational skills. Duties will include, but are not limited to, drafting letters, taking minutes, tracking correspondence and deadlines, scheduling appointments, making and tracking travel plans, answering phones, filing, and assisting with the organizations development activities. Notary Public license or willingness to become a Virginia Notary Public a plus. Hours are flexible within the normal business day. Great staff and benefits and convenient location to metro.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR:
- Maintain Executive Director’s calendar
- Coordinate and arrange Executive Director’s travel and external commitments, prepare pre-trip travel folders and travel reimbursement paperwork.
- Process executive office invoices and monitor budget related to these and other expenses.
- Open Executive Director’s mail and respond, route and/or file as required.
- Compose letters and other written communications for signature and ensure appropriate dissemination and follow-up.
- Routine administrative support such as ordering supplies, filing, etc.
- Answer Executive Director’s phone as needed.
- Support Executive Director’s participation in major fund-raising campaign activities
- Development Support:
- Mail donor acknowledgment letters
- Maintain the Development web page
- Assist with preparation of donor lists for publications
- Assist with direct mailings for Annual campaign
- Support organization of and preparation for prospect meetings and cultivation events
- Draft and distribute final minutes of staff meetings.
- Assist with Executive Board and other committee/commission in-person meetings.
- Provide Conference Room technology set-up and troubleshooting.
- Assist with other projects as needed and other duties as assigned.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE DEPUTY EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR/CFO:
- Schedule conference calls and meetings
- Draft minutes for committee meetings/calls
- Provide administrative support for the Summer Internship Program
- Track annual employee reviews
- Implement the Spot Award program
- Order Employee Service Awards (and coordinate presentation)
- Coordinate food requirement for staff meetings and events.
- Administer Staff “Committee” area on AMS system when developed
- Open Deputy Executive Director’s mail and respond, route and/or file as required
- Assist with other departmental projects as assigned.
E-mail Resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.