Responsible for the coordination, execution, and evaluation of NRA Foundation national fundraising events and Field Operations meeting and activities. Knowledge of and support for the mission of the National Rifle Association.
- Develop, coordinate and prepare, within departmental guidelines, the Youth Education Summit [Y.E.S.] applications, objectives and curriculum, and student selection process while ensuring all objectives are accomplished within set guidelines and budget resources.
- Plan, with the assistance of Advancement Director of Events, the week-long Y.E.S. event held at NRA Headquarters and surrounding areas in Washington, D.C. With Events Department, build itinerary keeping budgetary constraints in mind.
- Support and assist NRA Field Staff with various requests including processing charters, insurance and mailing requests, as well as developing and scheduling all statewide e-mail blasts to market and promote Friends of NRA events to NRA membership as necessary in an accurate and timely manner. Coordinate all aspects of the Y.E.S. scholarship programs including participant evaluation and award presentations in an accurate and timely manner.
- Work with Communication staff to promote the Y.E.S. program communication and marketing materials while providing support for State Y.E.S. programs as needed.
- Prepare and submit, within departmental guidelines, grant proposals to The NRA Foundation to achieve funding levels required to support Y.E.S. Maintain Y.E.S alumni database. Implement and disseminate quarterly Y.E.S Alumni Network eNewsletter to Y.E.S alumni database. Administer the Volunteer of the Year program for the Friends of NRA volunteer structure including apparel, recognition and appreciation items. Create new and creative methods for recognizing and motivating volunteers within set guidelines and budget resources. Prepare and secure Annual Meeting travel, accommodations, awards and event tickets for Volunteers of the Year and Committee of the Year within division guidelines. Work in tandem with the Marketing and Communications team on all Annual Meeting deliverables in an accurate and timely manner. Implement and coordinate, within departmental guidelines, all national NRA Foundation fundraising activities including The National NRA Foundation Banquets and The NRA Foundation Wall of Guns. Assist in negotiation and arrangement with facilities on BEO’s, A/V, Security, room setup, labor and other necessities to support the Foundation events as directed.
- Plan, within set guidelines, Summer and Winter meetings held between headquarters personnel and Field Staff.
- Plan, within set guidelines, Fall meeting held between Managers, Regional Directors and Directors.
SCOPE: High visibility with Field Operations divisional staff, NRA field staff, other staff within the NRA, Friends of NRA volunteers and Y.E.S. participants. Position functions in a fast paced, deadline oriented work environment with varied priorities and responsibilities with minimal direct supervision. Weekend work is occasionally required. National travel occasionally required. Ability to lift and carry 25-30 pounds required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree required. Concentration in Event Coordination, Business, Marketing, Communications or equivalent is preferred. An understanding of and experience with event coordination, graphic design and customer service preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES: Strong writing and computer skills required. Motivated self-starter with ability to work independently or as a member of a team essential. Excellent oral and written communications skills required. Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously within set deadlines essential. Must be creative, organized and detail oriented. Demonstrated ability to work independently or as a member of the team essential. Proficiency in MS Office suite, web design and HTML required. Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite [Photoshop and InDesign] preferred. Demonstrated ability to effectively interface with all levels of NRA staff, Y.E.S. participants and Friends of NRA volunteers.
To apply, send resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The NRA is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer offering an extensive benefits package