Content Marketing Manager
ZGF is seeking a Content Marketing Manager to join our team in our Washington, DC office. We are looking for a creative and strategic thinker with a passion for storytelling, writing, and content development.
As a Content Marketing Manager, you will…
- Work closely with leadership to determine strategies on proposals and presentations; hands-on planning and development of strategic customized responses to RFPs and in the interview preparation.
- Be a talented writer and storyteller with the ability to gather complex or technical information from various sources, to synthesize it, and to use it as the basis to craft cohesive and compelling narratives.
- Share a love for content marketing and a passion for developing fresh and creative approaches to conveying information.
- Coordinate the preparation of statements of interest and qualifications, proposals, SF330 forms, collateral materials, miscellaneous marketing, and marketing- oriented correspondence, etc.
- Participate in pre-interview planning and presentation rehearsal with design teams and help develop and apply the established win strategy, themes, and discriminators in presentation materials.
- Make work assignments and follow-up to ensure tasks and projects are completed to the highest standards of quality, timeliness, and cost effectiveness.
- Conduct research and compile information regarding existing and prospective clients, competitor activity, and industry or market trends to aid in the development of marketing plans, proposals, and presentations.
- Develop and maintain network of industry contacts, i.e., consultants, contractors, architectural colleagues, clients; cultivate leads and gather intelligence through network.
- Support those with marketing assignments to prepare for meetings, interviews, and other contacts with prospective clients, as well as for speaking engagements and other marketing activities.
- Centralize information about the business development activities of the local office and those of a firmwide nature that are orchestrated through that office, including such things as leads, contacts, and schedules of business development events.
- See that information is shared in a timely way among team members; manage timely decisions and actions in business development pursuits.
- Explore ways to streamline workflow and use of technology without compromising quality.
- Attend community and industry events and conferences.