Information Systems Security Officer ISSO
Information Systems Security Officer ISSO
Careers at the Applied Research Laboratory at the Pennsylvania State University
The Applied Research Laboratory (ARL) at Penn State is an integral part of one of the leading research universities in the nation and serves as a University center of excellence in defense science, systems, and technologies with a focus in naval missions and related areas. We are searching for an Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) to join our Information Technology Services Division in Reston, VA.
Employment at ARL Penn State includes many benefits and rewards, including:
• Professional development
• Career advancement opportunities
• 75% Tuition discount for you and your family
• Competitive salary based on Reston, VA, area
What YOU Will Do…
You will develop security test plans, configurations, and certifications and accreditations/plans of action and milestones; develop and execute risk assessments; monitor and assist in system and network review; and monitor and assist in the technical requirements of vulnerability scanning, security log review, and security configuration review.
What YOU Need to be Successful…
Education: A Bachelor's Degree in Cyber and Information Security, Information Technology, or Computer Science is preferred.
• At least two years of operational experience with familiarity in security/event log auditing
• Vulnerability scanning and mitigation utilizing Nessus, Retina, or similar tools
• Familiarity with Windows and Unix/Linux operating system administration
• TCP/ IP Network analysis and network/packet level examination tools such as tcpdump, Zenmap, or Wireshark
• Familiarity with network monitoring tools such as Bro, Suricata, or Snort
• Familiarity with SEIM management such as Splunk or ELK
• Familiarity with VMWare and management of virtual machines
• Knowledge in certification and accreditation process such as RMF and DIACAP
• Policy and procedure development
• Test plan creation
• Security plan development
• Plan of action and milestone development and training material development
• Risk assessment planning and preparation
• Knowledge in NIST/ISO standards, DoD and IC directives, and regulatory requirements
• Knowledge in defining and interpretation of audit requirement
• Effective analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Efficient organizational and multitasking skills
• The ability to work independently and effectively in teams across multiple IT disciplines
• The ability to certify and maintain information security related certification (Security+, CASP, GSEC, CISM, CISSP)
You will be subject to a government security investigation and you must be a U.S. citizen to apply. Employment with the ARL will require successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen.
Note: A competitive salary will be based on the Reston, VA, area and not the stated Penn State University salary bands.
ARL is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion; we believe this is central to our success as a Department of Defense designated University Affiliated Research Center (UARC). We are at our best when we draw on the talents of all parts of society, and our greatest accomplishments are achieved when diverse perspectives are part of our workforce.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION on other positions at ARL, visit our web site at http://www.arl.psu.edu
Apply online at https://apptrkr.com/1513342
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.