Accounts Payable Assistant
The Embassy of Canada in Washington, D.C. is accepting applications to staff the positions of Accounts Payable Assistant , details as follows.
Position title: Accounts Payable Assistant
Section: Finance, Common Service Delivery Point (CSDP)
Location: Embassy of Canada, Washington, D.C.
Position no: EXT-422249
Starting salary: $51,232 USD plus benefits
Competition no: 3410
Date posted: 06/25/2019
Closing date: 07/10/2019 06:00:00 PM EST.
Employment Tenure: Term
There are two (2) term positions to be filled, having a specified period of employment of twelve (12) months, with the possibility of extension or change in employment status to indeterminate based on operational needs. This staffing process may be used to create an eligibility list of qualified candidates for this position and for similar positions with various tenures, including indeterminate, term, assignment/ transfer, emergency, and acting opportunities at the Embassy
CANDIDATES CAN ONLY APPLY VIA THE LINK BELOW:
· Persons living in the greater Washington Metropolitan area.
· Employees of the Embassy of Canada in Washington, DC.
· Employees of any Canadian Mission in the United States. Relocation will not be paid in any circumstance.
· Spouses and dependents of Canada-based staff (CBS) at the Embassy of Canada.
All applicants must:
· Have independent work authorization in the United States and status in accordance with United States protocol directives for foreign missions.
· Reside in the United States.
· Meet all of the Essential Requirements stated below.
· Submit resumes and cover letters by the closing date and time. The covering letter must:
o Demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements under language, education and experience;
o Confirm residency in the United States;
o Confirm independent work authorization in the United States. (US Citizen, LPR, or A-1 visa as required by the Department of State for employment in a foreign mission)
Note: Failure to provide any of the information required above will result in your application being rejected. All communication relating to this process, including email correspondence may be used in the assessment of qualifications.
Summary of duties:
Under the general supervision of the Accounts Payable Supervisor, the Accounts Payable Assistant inputs and maintains data in the Financial Management System (IMS); performs claims and supplier account verifications; and provides general financial and accounting services to managers and staff. The incumbent is responsible for auditing and verifying a variety of financial claims, ensuring accuracy of data entry, and reconciling all related payments. The incumbent will also act as initial point of contact for routine financial procedure questions by telephone, email, or in-person from clients.
Candidates must demonstrate clearly how they meet the Language, Education and Experience requirements listed below. All communication relating to this process, including email correspondence may be used in the assessment of qualifications.
A post-secondary diploma or an acceptable combination of relevant experience, education, and training related to the duties and specific areas of competence required by the position.
· Minimum of one (1) year experience with financial processes, such as processing claims in a enterprise resource planning (ERP) software such as SAP (and others);
· Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook;
· Experience with extensive data input and managing information electronically, record keeping; and
· Experience in providing front-line client service in a similar office environment.
Candidates who meet the Education and Experience requirements will be assessed on the following qualifications. The assessment may be a written test, an interview, an in-basket exercise, a skills test, or any combination of these methods.
· Knowledge of general financial and administrative processes and procedures;
· Knowledge and proficiency in computer software, including Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook; and
· Knowledge of the management of information and records, both electronically and in hard copy.
· Communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing;
· Provide excellent client service in person, by telephone, and electronically;
· Analyze and evaluate information and know when and what to bring to the attention of management;
· Ensure accuracy and attention to detail;
· Work independently when required or as part of a team; and
· Demonstrate basic mathematical skills with the ability to maintain spreadsheets and to work with established processes.
· Effective interpersonal skills;
· Sound judgment;
· Dependability; and
· Discretion: handle sensitive information on a need-to-know basis.
The ability to work in French would be an asset.
The staffing process will consist of a review of all applications to ensure that applicants meet the essential requirements. Failure to meet any of the essential requirements eliminates candidates from further consideration in the competition. Only those applicants who meet these will be contacted by the Human Resources Section for an interview or other form of assessment of the Rated Requirements.
The assessment may include an interview, a written test and other tests that will consist of a series of questions designed to evaluate each applicant's knowledge, abilities and personal suitability for the position.
The Embassy offers a competitive salary plus leave and health benefits package. Leave includes paid vacation, sick, and family/personal leave. Health packages covers medical, dental, disability, and retirement. Other benefits include prime work location in proximity to Metro, standard 37.5-hour work week, on-sit parking, on-site gym with cardio and weight room, and on-site cafeteria. The Embassy promotes work-life balance and offers a dynamic and healthy work environment
The Embassy is committed to conducting inclusive, barrier-free selection processes.
Method of application:
Condition of employment (must be met):
· Eligibility for a Government of Canada Reliability Status which includes a criminal and credit background check; and
· Independent work authorization in the United States and status in accordance with U.S. protocol directives for foreign missions (US Citizen, LPR, or A-1 visa as required by the Department of State for employment in a foreign mission).
Hours of work:
Normal hours of work for this position are in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of Employment for Locally Engaged Staff (LES) in the United States of 37.5 hours per week. The incumbent may be required to work overtime as needed.