Avar Consulting is a policy research firm, headquartered in Rockville, Maryland, specializing in attitude-behavior research, survey research, program evaluation, technical assistance and training, data analysis/management, and IT support. Our clients primarily include federal government agencies. We provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits and professional development either through formal training or mentorships with our senior staff. Please visit www.avarconsulting.com for more information about our company.
Avar has an opportunity for a Web Developer with familiarity with both web application development and native software application development. This position provides website development and database management for multiple projects and websites. All work must be performed on-site in metro-accessible Washington DC location.
Summary of Responsibilities
The Web Developer will be responsible for developing new websites, maintaining current websites and delivering timely and accurate output in a variety of different formats. The candidate will require a keen sense of customer service, strong interpersonal, and communication skills to clarify the requirements for each data request.
- Development Frameworks: ASP.NET Core, LINQ, Angular.js, Bootstrap, Jquery, D3.js, MVC pattern
- Software: Visual Studio, IIS, SQL Server, Git, MySQL
- Other: Drupal 7, WordPress, or implementation and maintenance of similar CMS
- Experience with 508/504 compliance, PHP, Azure, Tableau, ASP.NET 4, Qualtrics
- Good written and oral communication skills
Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, math, related discipline or equivalent required.
2+ years programming and database experience.