Entry-Level Legal Assistant (Fairfax, VA)
TEMP-TO-HIRE ENTRY-LEVEL LEGAL ASSISTANT
Private practice specializing in immigration denials and case appeals is seeking a bright and highly motivated jack-of-all-trades to join their new Fairfax location on a temp-to-hire basis.
Training will be provided!
- Managing litigation docket for solo practice
- Tracking deadlines and response dates
- Uploading documents to the federal court’s electronic filing system (ECF)
- Organizing and maintaining file plan, electronic and hard-copy
- Editing engagement letters and complaints
- Handling service of process through certified mail
- Tracking payments
- Sending periodic updates to clients via email regarding case status
- Answering phone calls as needed
- Assisting with other office/administrative tasks as needed
Free parking available.