Windows Server Administrator
The National Society Daughters of the American Revolution, a non-profit women’s membership organization located near the Ellipse, has a full-time opportunity for a Windows Server Administrator.
The Windows Server Administrator will implement, maintain, and support our important network infrastructure. This role is an integral part of the Information Systems team that is responsible for designing and developing scalable, maintainable, highly available network architectures that meet our business objectives.
- Maintains network switches and routers, including upgrading firmware and software.
- Maintains local area network (LAN), virtual area network (VAN), and wireless area network (LWAN) configuration.
- Maintains and upgrades network perimeter security with firewalls.Reconfigures firewalls as needed as well as upgrade firewall software.
- Maintains and troubleshoots virtual private network (VPN) connections and remote desktop services.
- Installs, upgrades Windows Hyper-V Hosts, Windows 2012 and 2016 servers and Microsoft Exchange Hybrid environment as well as all in-house client software.
- Maintains and supports storage area network servers (SAN) and reviews disk usages.
- Manages network access security through Microsoft’s Active Directory.
- Maintains backup of all sent and received emails as well as Amazon S3 cloud backup archive of DAR’s image and video repository.
- Administers anti-virus management services to ensure workstations and servers receive latest virus DAT files.
- Maintains security patches and service packs on workstations and servers using WSUS and patch management software.
- Prepares, sends and retrieves backup tapes for offsite storage base on schedule.
- Responds to all network hardware failures and repairs.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of two years previous network hardware and software troubleshooting experience, particularly with Microsoft Windows Server, Active Directory and GPO’s, and a strong foundation of TCP/IP networking and server virtualization
- Microsoft Certified Systems Associate (MCSA) or Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) is required.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field, or an equivalent of four years’ experience working in network management.
- Excellent knowledge of current protocols and standards, including core switching/routing, virtualization, business continuity, and disaster recovery.
- Hands on experience troubleshooting hardware such as servers, routers, switches, and network interface cards.
- VOIP telephone system support is highly desirable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to troubleshoot Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft server issues.
- Ability to plan, deploy and configure new servers.
This is a dynamic opportunity to gain a wide variety of experience and exposure to working on servers and network switches. This position works at the NSDAR headquarters in Washington, D.C. Relocation assistance is not provided. First preference will be given to local/regional candidates.
For more information about the mission and activities of the DAR please visit our website at www.dar.org.
Candidates must submit a resume and cover letter, which should include salary requirements, to:
Attn: Human Resources
1776 D Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20006-5303
Fax: (202) 737-5702