Program Manager to Support a Large Cooperative Research Agreement with NASA
6 days left
- Full Time
The Program Manager has overall responsibility for the daily operations of the administrative and support office for the University of Maryland’s Department of Astronomy Center for Research and Exploration in Space Science and Technology II (CRESST II) cooperative agreement with NASA Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) in Greenbelt, MD. The Program Manager reports to the CRESST II Principal Investigator and interacts with GSFC management, CRESST II scientists, and partner institution administrative personnel. The Program Manager coordinates all required reporting to GSFC. This position is located at GSFC in Greenbelt, MD.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Ten years of progressively responsible experience in program management and/or management of professional personnel in a complex work environment.
- Ability to analyze and understand budgets.
- Must be self-motivated and detail oriented with the ability to take full responsibility for major tasks. Must have demonstrated organizational, analytical and problem solving abilities with strong mathematical and communications skills.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills. The ability to create partnerships with program contributors and sponsors while maintaining a professional image in all situations.
- Ability to organize priorities in a dynamic work environment.
- Dedication to providing excellent service to internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, share information, and work collaboratively.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters with discretion and tact.
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office software programs, in particular Word and Excel.
- Other: This position requires a Federal background check and the eligible employee must meet NASA criteria for obtaining a security badge to perform duties at Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC). The employee is required to work at GSFC.
- Master’s Degree.
- Experience with NASA or government agencies.
- Experience with university operations and accounting.
- Experience managing and utilizing database applications and webpages.
The University of Maryland, College Park, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, creed, marital status, political affiliation, personal appearance, or on the basis of rights secured by the First Amendment, in all aspects of employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.