Manager, Staff Accountant
Responsible for timely preparation and/or review of balance sheet reconciliations, preparation of various monthly/annual journal entries, and active participation in audit schedules. Also responsible for managing and directing the work of the Lead Associate - Accounts Payable and has primary responsibility for administration of FLEX Credits in a timely, efficient, and accurate manner. Responsible for establishing annual work goals and objectives of assigned team members.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION: An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level:
- AP Management:
- Lead and participate in daily activities of the Accounts Payable function.
- Ensure compliance with UWW expense policies and internal controls.
- Ensure accuracy and functionality of the Concur software & FLEX Credits database.
- Review and update processes and procedures of the Accounts Payable function annually.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations, prepare adjusting entries, and review those prepared by assigned team members.
- Ensure accuracy of AP aging schedules and prepare recommendations for accounts identified for adjustment.
- Support and assist with the annual independent audit.
- Flex Credits: Administer UWW’s Flex Credits program:
- Process reimbursements.
- Serve as UWW contact for Local United Ways Flex Credit Program.
- Monitors program for consistency and adherence to organization policy.
- Responsible for monthly reconciliation of flex credit balances.
- Accounting Software:
- Serves as in-house power user of the Concur software and as staff trainer in its daily use.
- Serves as in-house subject matter expert for Microsoft Great Plains Accounts Payable.
- Serves as the in-house administrator of the FLEX Credit software.
- Other duties as assigned by the Sr. Director – Assistant Controller.
Minimum requirements include a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting plus at least three years of experience in accounting or non-profit accounting. Additionally, this position requires one year of experience in a people manager’s role. Excellent verbal and written communications skills, excellent customer service skills, solid financial reporting knowledge are all necessary. Proficiency with Great Plains accounting software and Concur is preferred.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities and skills. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable disabled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE:
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail email@example.com or call 703-836-7100, ext. 324 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, parental/adoption leave, dress for your day, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more.
Thank you for your interest in employment with United Way Worldwide. You will be contacted if your qualifications are a good match and you are selected for an interview.