Digital Education Editor
2 days left
- Full Time
Cricket Media® is a mission-based global education company creating high-quality print and multi-media products for children, families, and teachers. Led by our 10 award-winning children’s magazines and our research-tested collaborative learning and eMentoring platforms, we are committed to creating and supporting innovative learning experiences that help children safely explore and engage with their expanding world.
To learn more about our company, visit us at http://cricketmedia.com.
Cricket Media is looking for an Editor of Education Products who will engage with the editorial and education teams during the production of new magazine content to ensure educational value and serve as the strategic and creative lead on content development for our digital learning products. This editor is a content creator who will be responsible for generating new content, rewriting and editing existing copy, and liaising with our publishing team on content quality, streamlining and efficiency. This is a demanding and intellectually stimulating position and necessitates a strong belief in enabling children to be self-directed learners. Responsibilities include representing our educational content in webinars, demos, and sales presentations. The ideal candidate will have deep knowledge of digital education market (including familiarity with major products, distributors, institutions); strong knowledge of educational standards; strong background in STE(A)M; an appreciation for literature and effective writing; and must be dedicated to making an impact. You will thrive in this position if you are a creative, proactive team player who functions well in a fast-paced, small group environment.
Location: Cricket Media, McLean, VA
Reports to: VP Education Products
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Evaluate existing content to create topic-based collections that are entertaining, engaging, developmentally appropriate, and educational for children in grades 3-8.
- Monitor and edit existing content to meet accessibility needs, maintaining coherence and context while removing and/or abridging material as needed.
- Create plan for acquisition, export, organization, editing, and delivery in forms needed for specific products. This will include the development and delivery of curriculum and instructional resources for our digital products (e.g., teacher guides and student support materials).
- Work with print publishing staff to facilitate multiple uses for content.
- Serve as conduit between print publishing staff and product staff to share plans, knowledge, and goals.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- BA required; advanced degree preferred.
- STEM expertise
- Experience with children’s media and educational media strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of K–12 learning standards and pedagogical principles.
- Broad knowledge of children’s literature.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- 5+ years of proven success in developing content across physical and digital products, including writing curriculum, teacher guides and writing to/editing to Lexile levels.
- Must be deadline-driven and detail-oriented, with ability to multi-task in a fast-moving, high-growth company.
- Must be creative, innovative thinker who thrives in a highly collaborative, highly creative environment.
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead and manage simultaneous projects.
- Proficient in using a variety of technologies (including tools, devices, and software) for work and communication.
Working at Cricket Media:
Cricket Media has a diverse workforce comprised of leaders and innovators in their fields, dedicated to making a difference at the intersection of content, technology, and education. Our staff is universally driven by the desire to “do well and do good.” Proactive individuals who take to this desire/idea and understand how to make it real at scale in a fast-paced environment (bonus points for maintaining a sense of humor while doing so…) will do well doing good at Cricket Media.
Cricket Media is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re an interdisciplinary bunch committed to building a team with a wide array of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We know that few life paths are straight lines and are appreciative of the skills we’ve each gleaned from the most unlikely of experiences. We value creativity, transparency, accountability, and integrity. We offer a full range of employee benefits for our regular full-time employees.
To apply: Send cover letter and resume. Please reference “Edu Editor” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
Apply for Digital Education Editor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly