JSSA’s Specialized Employment team is seeking a full-time Employment Specialist to join our growing team. Our team was recently honored as the Disability Employment Provider of the Year in the State of Maryland and our innovative programs have been featured in regional and national media. We have given hope to and made a significant difference in the lives of many adults with disabilities who seek meaningful employment. Our program has a well-designed methodology for assisting our clients to obtain and retain meaningful employment and self-sufficiency. Vocational Assessment, job readiness training, one on one job development, coaching, employer advocacy and transitioning youth and pre-employment training are but a few of the services we provide.
Qualifications and Responsibilities:
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Employment Specialist. The Employment Specialist will be responsible for assisting with job search, job readiness training, employment counseling, case management and on-site employer advocacy.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 2 years of proven experience providing job readiness training, job development and job retention support to individuals with disabilities.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in special education, psychology, social work, human resources or other related and relevant course of study required.
- A track record of successful employment work with individuals with disabilities.
- Exceptional customer service, communication skills, passion for results and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment with rigid deadlines are necessary attributes.
- Occasional evening hours, weekends and holidays may be required.
- Reliable independent transportation is a requirement and candidate will work out of our Rockville and Silver Spring locations.
- Successful candidate will have demonstrated knowledge in working with individuals on the autism spectrum and in DDA programs.
- Spanish speaking and ASL are a plus.
Ina Kay Office
200 Wood Hill Road
Rockville, MD 20850
9900 Georgia Avenue
Silver Spring, MD 20902
The Jewish Social Service Agency (JSSA) has been helping people across the Washington metropolitan area meet emotional, social, and physical challenges for more than 120 years. A nonsectarian provider, we serve people of all religious backgrounds, races and ethnicities, helping the youngest child to the most fragile senior, from individuals to entire families. JSSA provides services and support to nearly 31,000 individuals a year through our wide range of counseling, educational, specialized employment, in-home support, hospice and nursing care, and social services. We are a growing Agency and strive to be an Employer of Choice. As such we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, a healthy work-life balance, collaborative team environment and many opportunities for personal growth and professional development. We pride ourselves on our mission to be the first place for the Jewish community, as well as the community at large, to turn for clinical and social services of the highest quality that sustain and nurture all who seek assistance. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. AA/M/F/D