Sr. UX Researcher
We are currently looking for a Senior-level UX Researcher who not only understands their customers but also brings their A game to join our consulting practice across commercial and federal projects. Our team works together, learns together and grows together in a fast-paced, detail-driven and rapidly-iterating environment. We live and breathe creativity, and crave quality. If this excites you, then we want to hear from you!
- Minimum of 7-10 years of professional experience planning and conducting user research, feedback Good oral and written communication skills; able to distill and present research insights to others.
- Provide deep strategic thinking grounded in client and user discovery and research.
- Guide and create innovative web-based solutions to complex problems and enjoy conducting and facilitating user-driven research.
- Have extensive experience with user research, research strategy, usability studies and other research methodologies.
- Lead stakeholder interviews, conduct market research, provide competitive analysis and brainstorm information architecture.
- Provide a deeper understanding and broader insight into what our users need from our products by conducting research and exploring the behavior and motivations of our users.
- Thrive working with an agile development process and be comfortable with an iterative design process while working with designers, product managers, and engineers to develop new features.
- Develop detailed research strategy documentation including but not limited to personas, user journeys, competitive analysis, information architecture, sitemaps and wireframes.
- Work with our UX team to express the user experience as wireframes, flows and journey maps.
- Communicate often and build strong client relationships.
- Collaborate with product leaders and internal team members across disciplines to translate business goals into unique brand and product experiences.
- Work with teams to create UX/UI designs, prototypes, intuitive app flows and use case testing for design validation.
- Plan and facilitate problem definition and co-creation workshops with stakeholders and users alike.
- Create, communicate and synthesize research artifacts, findings, reports, and recommendations with stakeholders.
- Documentation of research and testing including notes, photos, audio, video, and research reports.
- Conduct research methodologies and activities either in-person or remote.
- Understand the strength and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process.
- Establish best practices and standardize methodologies, tools, templates for research deliverables and identify opportunities to improve and streamline process so we can produce better work while improving efficiency.
- Welcome feedback and make it a point to test hypotheses at every stage.
- Be a team player with a willingness to do as well as to manage or lead.
- Work with, coach and lead other UX Researchers.
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, engineers and stakeholders.
- Brainstorm solutions for design challenges with our brightest minds in product, engineering, and business.
- BS/MS in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design or related programs.