Associate Sales Director
Science, the weekly journal published by AAAS has an excellent opportunity for an Associate Sales Director, US Display Advertising. Reporting to the Global Sales Director, you will provide leadership for US advertising sales team to meet and exceed revenue goals and work to develop new business opportunities.
What You’ll Do
- Drive revenue growth by meeting or exceeding expected sales goals in own territory
- Work with the US Display Advertising Sales Reps to drive revenue growth throughout all US territories to ensure US Product Display Advertising and Sponsorship revenue goals are met or exceeded
- Work with the Global Sales Director to identify skill gaps and training needs for direct reports. Coach the team to maximize performance
- Regular US travel to attend trade shows and client meetings, both on own territory and accompanying US Display Advertising Sales Reps. If working remotely, travel will include 2 days/month working in the DC office
- Implement sales goals and accountability standards for US Display Advertising Sales Reps Monitor revenue and market share performance for all US territories.Compile reports on revenue trends at both account, territory and product level and submit revenue projections for all US territories when requested
- Serve as leading expert of assigned given territory and for the US as a whole. Stay abreast of market trends, changes and developments and provide regular feedback to Sales Director
- Experienced sales manager with at least 5 years of managing diverse teams, selling solutions and driving revenue growth in STEM publishing
- Must be an exceptional communicator with the ability to build strong relationships both internally and externally
- An expert in integrated advertising sales, including digital, print and custom sponsorships Excellent presentation, communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent consultative sales and account management skills, with the ability to self-source and develop new business opportunities
- A strong team player capable of working with individual and team targets within a sales team environment
Submit a resume and cover letter outlining qualifications and interest in the position by July 15, 2019. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. A Recruiter will contact you with next steps if you are selected for an interview.
AAAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected category. AAAS uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees.