Marketing Data Specialist
Basic Function of the Position: To act in support of Marketing conducting data analysis, improving the quality of the data, and building data documentation. Focus on maximizing efficiencies that will benefit both the association and our customers.
Critical Duties and Responsibilities:
• In conjunction with the Director Data Management, work with Azure SQL database to create reports and analyze data for sales leadership to be used for strategic decisions.
• Build and/or execute reports that measure the data quality of information in our databases and seek to identify inaccurate or incomplete information. Research all identified data issues and help to correct the data.
• Run standard reports on a weekly or monthly basis. Review the reports and identify and write short analysis of the trends. Distribute reports and approved analysis to the organization.
• Utilize third party sources to identify additional ways to code and enhance our database. Examples include coding customer organizations by their ranking on Fortune lists of top businesses and TWICE consumer technology lists.
• Manage importing of data from and exporting of data to the membership system (Impexium), the sales management system (Salesforce), email marketing system (Salesforce Marketing) and multiple registration systems. This may also include supporting data migrations if any of these systems change or new systems are introduced.
• Maintain data documentation for all the data elements in the Azure SQL database and the links to the source data in the other systems used at CTA.
• Act as liaison between the data team and email marketing to manage loading lists into Salesforce Marketing to support the schedule of email messages. This includes creating a schedule to identify when data is needed; loading the data and/or working with the Director identify how to load new data sources.
• Perform other duties as required by business needs.
• 1 – 3 years of experience in working with data including integrity and analysis. Experience using Excel and SQL for data analysis. Previous experience with reporting tools, CRM software or email marketing tools is a plus. Previous association/trade show a plus.
• Bachelor's degree required, preferably in business or a related field.
• Must possess an advanced working knowledge of Excel and SQL
• Experience with List management, data cleaning, data loading.
• Must possess good organizational skills, be resourceful and have attention for detail.
• Demonstrated ability to efficiently handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced, change oriented environment.
• Must have excellent communication skills, be customer/team oriented and have the ability work with all staff levels. Must have a can-do, positive attitude.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, other Windows related software applications.
Additional Information: Travel to CES in January.