National Account Manager, Sales
Basic Function of the Position: Achieve and exceed individual sales goal of assigned territory comprised of strategic and non-strategic accounts, with emphasis on strategic accounts. Maintain and grow territory year over year.
Critical Duties and Responsibilities:
• Sell and maintain exhibit space to companies in assigned territory for all CES events via extensive customer/prospect outreach calls, letters and emails to achieve individual and group revenue and net square footage goals.
• Utilize effective and accurate forecasting, pipeline management and contracting process to hit revenue targets.
• Maintain clear, up-to-date records including notes and activities in CRM on all companies within sales territory.
• Lead at least one marketplace including becoming the expert, identifying the universe, working with marketing on collateral, training the team on the USP, working alongside the Sales Director to manage the pipeline and motivate the team to sell and hit goals.
• Serve as key point-of-contact for Strategic Accounts to understand their various lines of business, budgeting process, key stakeholders and overall goals and objectives for participation in CES and help bring to fruition. Understand their relationship with CTA – including membership, committees and working groups.
• Participate in all Pre and Post-Show Preparation Calls, Floor Plan Configuration Calls, Collection Calls and provide operations/logistical assistance to ensure a premier customer service experience for all accounts in territory.
• Responsible for prospecting, qualifying and entering leads into Salesforce, development of sponsorships, write and present proposals and timely payments within territory.
• Be a team player with other departments, in providing them pertinent and timely exhibitor issues/news. Provide CTA Membership leads.
• Other duties as required by business needs.
• 7+ years’ field sales experience, preferably in trade shows or technology related area.
• Track record of hitting (preferably exceeding) individual quota.
• Experience managing a territory, including pipeline and forecasting management.
• Experience working with 25+ strategic accounts simultaneously including troubleshooting and saving accounts
• Proven experience selling sponsorship opportunities including writing and presenting proposals
• Demonstrated success putting together territory plans and strategic account plans
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related area preferred or commensurate experience.
• Must be able to work independent, as well as part of a team and possess a can-do, positive attitude.
• Experience using Salesforce or another CRM, including creating and running custom reports.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
Additional Information: This position requires overtime and travel to strategic accounts located in the assigned geographic territory.