Mail Room Clerk
This is clerical and administrative support work that will be performed in the School District Administrative Offices. The
Mailroom Clerk is responsible for receiving, sorting, and delivering mail, materials, and supplies processed through the
School District's central warehouse, or through commercial and government mail services.
the position. This is not a comprehensive listing of all responsibilities or tasks; other work may be assigned when deemed
* Sorts incoming and interoffice mail and distributes to employees and departments.
* Prepare outgoing shipments; process every outgoing mail on Post Office stamp machine; arranges package
pickups with appropriate carriers.
* Uses a computer or automated system to sort mail and track its delivery.
* Keeping records of sent and received mail.
* Maintains an adequate supply of shipping materials, such as boxes, tape, and labels.
* Works closely with Administrative Office Assistant and may be called upon to support main lobby and answer
phones during breaks.
* Respond to routine questions, provide information and direct inquiries to apt department.
* High School Diploma or GED required
* Ability to perform mail/clerical work quickly and efficiently; to operate the tools and equipment used in the
work; to follow oral and written instructions; to communicate effectively; to work cooperatively with others
* Possesses interpersonal communication and customer service skills
The following provides a brief description of physical requirements for this position:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly talking. expressing or exchanging ideas by means of
the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers
accurately, loudly, or quickly. The employee must possess normal cognitive abilities including the ability to learn, recall
and apply certain practices and policies. Frequently sitting and/or remaining in a stationary position for long periods of
time. Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift,
carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.