Registration and Education Specialist
Registration and Education Specialist
NASBP seeks a capable and detail-oriented Registration and Education Specialist with outstanding database and customer service skills. Reporting to the Director of Professional Development, this exempt position is the key contact for all meeting and education program attendees. This position handles all registration for meetings and courses using the iMIS database and independently coordinates Virtual Seminars, online courses and education program content using the Elevate Learning Management System.
Founded in 1942, the National Association of Surety Bond Producers (NASBP) is a national trade association whose membership includes agencies employing surety bond producers, surety companies, reinsurers, and construction-oriented CPA firms.
NASBP offers a warm and collegial staff environment where each member of staff is a key contributor to the successful operation of the Association and is supportive of the roles and responsibilities of other colleagues. NASBP’s Bethesda, Maryland offices are easily accessible by public transit and there is ample nearby public parking. NASBP’s excellent employee benefits include medical, dental and vision coverage with employee/dependent subsidy and 401k with strong company match. For more information, visit nasbp.org.
The successful candidate is a highly organized problem solver and an excellent communicator by phone, in person and in writing with members, volunteers and professional colleagues. The Registration and Education Specialist must be able to manage a large volume of information, handle multiple simultaneous projects and effectively use technology tools to manage meeting and event logistics, create materials and respond to attendees and presenter inquiries.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all meeting and education registration using the iMIS database.
- Prepare meeting and event materials, badges and registration packets.
- Coordinate Surety Schools, including registration, preparation of student notebooks, program logistics and other administrative tasks.
- Serve as first point of contact via phone and e-mail for all meeting and education attendee questions and requests.
- Coordinate NASBP's bi-weekly Virtual Seminars, secure session descriptions and speaker bios, create marketing materials, manage participant registration and communication, introduce and manage live seminars.
- Track and execute application process to maintain and obtain continuing education credits for existing and new NASBP educational programming.
- Enter and retrieve data and produce reports from association management database system as needed to carry out responsibilities.
- Update, monitor, and manage assigned professional development areas of the Association website.
- Share general office phone support responsibilities with designated staff.
- Assist and support other departments, as assigned or approved by supervisor, including acting as a back-up for processing financial transactions.
- Work some evenings and weekends and be available for occasional business travel.
- BA/BS degree with 1-3 years of experience or advanced administrative professional with 3+ years of experience.
- Experience with association education and/or membership coordination preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and detail orientation with the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks to meet firm deadlines.
- Ability to manage assigned projects independently without close supervision.
- Advanced database skills including developing and running reports. Experience with iMIS association management database strongly preferred.
- Experience with Elevate or similar learning management systems a strong plus.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate comfortably, courteously, tactfully and effectively with a wide range of internal and external contacts, including members, leadership, speakers and partner organizations.
- Collaborative work style characterized by effective teamwork and initiative.
- High degree of integrity, professional demeanor and willingness to take on new tasks.
- Knowledge of surety and/or construction industry, a plus.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Erica Raphael, Sr. HR Consultant, at email@example.com, subject line “Registration and Education Specialist.”