Foundation Data Specialist
- Serves as database administrator for Raiser's Edge. Creates codes and descriptions for new appeals, new attributes, etc. on an annual basis and as needed throughout the year. Stays abreast of system upgrades and new functionality; trains others on use.
- Works with Team Coordinator to provide reports and prospect research to the Foundation team. This includes reports on giving, event attendance, donor solicitations, donor lists, RSVPs, special mailings and portfolio reviews.
- Website maintenance - keeps Foundation website up to date with current event information; builds forms; pulls off registrations; coordinates with Foundation team member on necessary revisions to website; implements changes.
- Gift processing - enter gift information into Raisers Edge.
- Process stock gifts.
- Process NetCommunity gifts - Go out to website daily to see if gifts have been made. Input gift information into system and produce acknowledgment letters.
- Process recurring gifts - primarily payroll deductions. Enter gift information and produce year-end acknowledgment letters advising donor of total donated for the year for tax purposes.
- Communicate tribute information to Office Assistant so cards can be sent.
- Produce acknowledgment letters according to gift type, giving level, etc.
- Obituary review - routinely review local obits and check Raisers Edge to determine if donor or spouse. Update system to reflect deceased status (this involves updating fields on multiple screens). Copy obituary from source and add as note into RE. Email Foundation staff to alert them of recent deaths.
- Supports events as needed by processing on-line registrations and attending events to assist with check-ins and registrations. Responsibility for event coordination, direct mail projects, and other programs as assigned.
- Filing of gift batch documentation, deposits, invoices. May file Gift Acknowledgment letters and associated correspondence as needed.
- Prepares bank deposits (checks and credit card payments received). Inputs information into USBank (Healthcare Payment Management) system; files documentation; prepares deposit for daily courier pick-up.
- Enters invoice information into Coupa system for payment; logs invoices for historical records.
- Backs up front desk clerk when absent (opening and processing mail, filing, answering phones, greeting guests).
Bachelor's Level Degree - Experience in lieu of education: Yes
Required: Computer/Keyboard Skills - Previous experience
Preferred: None, unless noted in the "Other" section below
None, unless noted in the "Other" section below
High level computer skills - keyboarding, Excel, Outlook, Word.
Ability to learn Raiser's Edge fundraising database.
High level communication skills, written and verbal.
High level organization skills.
Very detail oriented.
Strong interest in databases, working in spreadsheets, and data analysis.
Strong discretion and judgment.
Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and implement projects and meet deadlines.
Ability to work with confidential information appropriately.
Independent judgment and critical thinking.
Proficiency in conducting prospect research, utilizing web-based biographical and wealth-rating platforms.
6 years of related experience in lieu of degree will be considered. Experience with donor management software preferred.