CE Provider Manager
The CE Provider Manager trains ASHA Continuing Education (CE) Providers to plan, implement and evaluate continuing education offerings specific to audiology and speech-language pathology content that incorporate ASHA Continuing Education Board (CEB) requirements; analyzes CE Providers’ course proposals and advises about improvements and areas of noncompliance with CEB standards; develops educational materials to improve the quality of CE Providers' offerings and ensures CE Providers’ compliance with ASHA CEB requirements. The incumbent works with a team of CE Provider Managers and is assigned with a CE Accounts Manager on a dedicated caseload of ASHA Approved CE Providers. The manager has direct responsibility for establishing and maintaining goodwill relationships with CE Providers that result in quality CE offerings for ASHA members and certificate holders; retention of CE Providers, and ongoing generation of non-dues revenue.
- Train CE Providers using CE/adult learning best practices and incorporating ASHA CEB requirements.
- Evaluate CE Providers’ course submissions to ensure compliance with ASHA CEB requirements and persuade providers to make changes to adhere to ASHA CEB standards.
- Monitor organization’s compliance with CEB standards and work with Providers to improve areas of non-compliance.
- Monitor Providers’ organizational changes and evaluate personnel changes.
- Develop educational resources directed toward ASHA CE Providers and provide trainings in needed areas to improve the quality of their CE offerings and ensure compliance with CEB standards.
- Conduct ongoing system evaluation to continuously improve efficiencies in workflow and service to customers.
- Facilitate achievement of CE team goals, CEB projects, and complete projects as assigned by coach or by the Director, CE.
Knowledge typically acquired through:
- Obtaining a bachelor's degree in Communication Disorders, Adult Education, or a related field
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar job (adult learning, continuing professional education, or related field)
- Experience in training others who develop continuing education courses
Scope and depth of technical skills/knowledge Demonstrated ability to:
- Plan, implement, and evaluate professional education offerings for speech-language pathologists and audiologists according to generally recognized best practices in CE/Adult training
- Develop educational materials and training to teach CE Providers how to plan, implement and evaluate CE offerings
- Develop and write specialized correspondence and technical procedures
- Use Microsoft Office Suite at an intermediate level, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Manage and navigate in a computer relational database system and/or AMS
- Conduct web searches to ensure consistency of online information with information submitted to ASHA CEB
- Proof read and edit
Scope and depth of non-technical skills/knowledge
Demonstrated ability to:
- Persuade people in positions higher than incumbents to make changes to processes
- Independently organize and prioritize workload
- Handle multiple complex tasks at various stages of their implementation under tight deadlines
- Problem-solve independently
- Communicate verbally about complex procedures and requirements, particularly via the phone and email
- Work cooperatively on a team as well as the ability to lead teams in work directives
- Use accepted customer service techniques when dealing with internal and external customers