MT Multi Trades Chief III # 124966
Under general supervision of the Facilities Manager, the incumbent is responsible for performing the tasks associated with accomplishing goals of the department and the mission of Shady Grove which is operating and maintaining an environment that is safe and environmentally friendly. The responsibility of this position is to provide requested assistance and coordinate technical maintenance work and various installation services rendered by skilled, semi-skilled and unskilled services trades (plumbing, carpentry, electrical and mechanical). The incumbent would be responsible for troubleshooting and resolving problems related to general facility maintenance and repair. Assist supervisory staff with various administrative tasks relative to work orders and maintaining operational documentation, work files, monitoring work performed by contractual staff to ensure compliance with contractual obligations, adherence to safety/work standards and institutional/department policy and procedures. This position would be required to either work 7 am – 3:30 pm, 10 am – 6:30 pm, or 1:30 – 10 pm.
Six years progressively responsible experience in the trade(s) where assigned to include at least two years in a lead or supervisory capacity.
Additional Certifications Required:
- Incumbent must possess and maintain valid Class C driver’s license or equivalent with fewer than 6 points.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Comprehensive knowledge of and skill in the methods and techniques of the trade where assigned; of the OSHA regulations related to the trade area.
- Thorough knowledge of and skills in the practical maintenance work, care, and storage of equipment and supplied used in the area where assigned.
- General knowledge of the principles in the maintenance trades.
- Skills in the use and maintenance of the tools and equipment of the trade where assigned.
- Ability to read, interpret, and work from blueprints, schematics, drawings, and specifications; to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; to lead and train skilled and unskilled employees in assigned trade(s) work; to prepare summaries and reports
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Comprehensive knowledge of OSHA regulations to the trades(s) area
- Thorough knowledge of and skills in the practical application of the electronics, hydraulics and mechanic’s used in maintenance work
- Thorough knowledge of care and storage of equipment and supplies
- General knowledge of the principles of supervision in the maintenance trades
Must possess the ability to work around fixed machinery; work from ladders and scaffolding; manipulates heavy equipment and exerts force up to 70 lbs.; work in the hazardous or irritating environment; wear and work in personal protective equipment, confined spaces, and adverse weather and temperature conditions. This position is considered “Essential Personnel" subject to 24-hour 7 days/week span of operations. Work is generally performed during normal working hours however it is expected that those in this position work whenever necessary to ensure the facility is running safely and efficiently at all times. After hours emergency calls are expected, 12-month flexible work schedule, evening shifts.
This position is located in Rockville, MD.
Benefits Offered: The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including 11 Days Annual Leave, 15 Days Sick Leave, 3 Personal Days; 15 Holidays; Tuition Remission; Health, Dental, Vision and Prescription Coverage. Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the USA. No H1-B Visa sponsorship is offered for this position.
To apply, please visit ejobs.umd.edu and search for position 124966.