Assistant Director for Finance
The University of Maryland School of Music seeks an Assistant Director for Finance to oversee all aspects of finance and to provide strategic fiscal management of a large, complex academic unit.
Serving as the chief financial and budgetary officer and reporting to the director of the school, this position manages and develops budgets, implements reporting and oversight procedures, analyzes trends and data to ensure fiscal sustainability, approves expenditures, oversees payroll and benefit services, and supervises the business manager.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• At least five years administrative and financial management experience
• Demonstrated analytical, computational, and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, including the ability to lead and manage effectively within an office environment
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise good judgement
• Demonstrated proficiency with spreadsheet and database applications
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business management, finance, or related field is desirable
• Experience in higher education is highly desired
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: For best consideration, please apply by July 8, 2019. Review of submissions begins on that date and continues until a successful candidate is named. Please do not send publications, letters of reference, or other materials at this time.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE, at https://ejobs.umd.edu; click on STAFF and look for position #121527. Applications consist of a cover letter, resume, and at least three names of references with contact information, including mailing address, telephone(s), and email address.