Gelman, Rosenberg & Freedman, CPAs seeks a motivated Audit Manager to join our team.
We are looking for talented CPA to help grow its audit practice in the area of government contractors and professional service firms. Ideally, we are seeking someone with experience in these industries that will be able to serve existing clients, but also assist in growing the practice through marketing and business development efforts. This position offers the right person the ability to join an established 110+ person firm that is independently owned with 23 partners and principals. The correct individual is currently a supervisor or manager within the public accounting field and possess the qualities, desire and leadership skills to become a partner within our firm.
This position not only offers the opportunity to be part of the evolving strategic direction of an Accounting Today Top 200 firm, but also to build a rewarding career that includes the future possibility of serving a leadership role within the firm. The ideal candidate will become part of a regionally recognized CPA firm with strong ties to the local and business community and a firm that has commitment from leadership to offer new and innovative approaches and technologies to service delivery and business development. The position provides the chance to become an industry thought leader with full support of GRF leadership and resources.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assumes full responsibility for supervising engagements and special assignments using established firm policies & procedures and managerial direction
- Plans & coordinates various phases of engagements, monitors actual performance against budget, reviews working papers for accuracy & completeness and resolves accounting & auditing problems as they arise
- Provides supervision and on the job training to staff assigned to engagements
- Studies and evaluates client’s internal control
- Communicates engagement’s progress, problems, resolutions, financial information, tax activity and other business concerns to the client
- Prepares or reviews financial statements, notes, schedules, management letters for later discussion between manager or partner and the client
- Develops marketing plans (with firm’s marketing team)
- Active in business development
- Provides mentorship to staff
- Provides strategic analysis regarding the growth of the stated industries
- At least 7 years of experience in public accounting required with recent experience in government contracting and professional service companies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Should possess a current & valid CPA license and be in good standing with the American Institute of CPAs
- Should have some experience with public speaking
- Experience with calculating and reviewing income tax provisions is preferred
- Should possess excellent analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and timelines
- Ability to work independently, use sound judgment and prioritize tasks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
This is a full time position. Our office is located 2 blocks from the metro. Our benefits include a 401(k) plan, paid individual medical and a culture that fosters flexibility and career development. We look forward to hearing from you!