Seasonal Marching Band
Under general supervision of a principal and/or other designated administrator, plans and implements an instructional program and provides related educational services for students.
* Implement professional development expectations and regularly use formative data (observations, student reflections, quick checks, digital content usage, etc.) and student academic data to monitor success and continuously improve personalized learning experiences for student success
* Continually assess, document, and share student achievement data with students to create daily goals and maintain appropriate assessment and evaluation documentation for institutional and individual reporting purposes
* Plan and implement appropriate instructional and/or learning strategies and activities, including determination of appropriate kind and level of materials, provide appropriate learning experiences, manage allotted learning time to maximize student achievement, and utilize a variety of instructional materials and available multi-media and computer technology to enhance learning
* Manage the behavior of learners in an instructional setting to ensure that the environment is conducive to the learning process, and assist and participate in management of student behavior in other parts of the school, center, school grounds, or work site
* Collaborate and coordinate instructional activities with other professional staff (Librarian, IFT, etc.), as required, to maximize personalized learning opportunities for students
* Communicate with parents through conferences and other means
A person in this position reports to the EL Newcomer Principal and/or Dean
Must have or be eligible for Virginia licensure with endorsement(s) required for teaching assignment(s).
Knowledge of content, curriculum, methods, materials, and equipment of instructional specialty(ies) to which assigned; knowledge of pre-adolescent and adolescent growth and development; knowledge of Loudoun County Public Schools (LCPS) curriculum related to assignments and School Division mission, goals, and organization; ability to apply knowledge of current research and theory to instructional programs; skill in the use of multi-media and computer technology to enhance learning; ability to plan and implement lessons based on Division and school objectives and the needs and abilities of students to whom assigned; ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with students, peers, administrators, and parents; bi-lingual skill in oral and written communications; excellent human relations skills.