Foundation Events Manager
HCC has been awarded the distinction as a "Great College to Work for" since 2009 from The Chronicle of Higher Education.
Howard Community College values diversity among its faculty, staff and student population. We are an innovative institution that is committed to responding to the ever-changing needs and interests of a diverse and dynamic community. No matter where you want to go in your career, you can get there from here!
The foundation events manager is responsible for managing fundraising events, other revenue-generating activities, and marketing efforts in support of the HCC Educational Foundation. The HCCEF is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) corporation that provides funds for scholarships, grants, and programs that benefit the college.
- Responsible for strategizing, planning, coordinating, managing, and executing fundraising events
- Responsible for onsite event management and overall execution of events
- Manages all administrative details necessary in carrying out special events, including the setup, break down, and wrap up for events and monitoring ongoing needs to ensure the success of the events
- Maintains continuous communication with external vendors and internal support staff regarding orders, setups, guarantees, special requests, and related program changes
- Supports the solicitation of event sponsorships and donations
- Investigates and solicits donations of in-kind services or goods to ensure event success
- Responsible for recruitment, leadership, mentoring, and guidance of special event volunteers
- Provides administrative support to fundraising committees
- Manages social media and marketing efforts for events to grow awareness, attendance, and recognize donors as well as assists with HCCEF's social media presence
- Coordinates event promotional materials, communications and news releases with the public relations and marketing department
- Develops and manages budget for each event and provides ongoing reconciliation
- Prepares materials for committee meetings
- Composes, edits and prepares correspondence, reports and other communications as necessary
- Assists in researching and compiling information necessary for fundraising purposes
- Produces event reports and reviews for accuracy
- Prioritizes multiple project assignments
- Performs tasks with a high degree of accuracy and efficiency
- Continually updates skills for increased proficiency with technology, software packages and the latest in fundraising efforts
May supervise temporary special events assistant or student workers.
- Normal office duties
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds
- Valid Maryland driver's license
- Associate's degree or equivalent credits from an accredited college or university
- Three years as a full-time staff member with progressively responsible experience in coordination and management of fundraising events, preferably in higher education
- Two years of social media experience as a full-time staff member
- Ability to work effectively with diverse constituents including faculty, staff, students, college trustees, HCC Educational Foundation board of directors, corporate executives, community leaders, and alumni
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Previous database experience and strong Microsoft office skills
- Ability to work under pressure, organize and implement work schedule effectively, meet deadlines and perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to coordinate projects/activities including managing volunteers
- Knowledge of proper business English, grammar, spelling and typing formats
- Pleasant and assured telephone manner
- Some weekends and evenings to cover events and meetings
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and adhere to the development office conflict of interest policy
- Regular attendance is a requirement of this job
Hours Per Week: 37.5
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5pm; some evenings and weekends required for this position
Compensation: $50,820 plus excellent health insurance, paid leave and tuition reimbursement
FSLA Status: Exempt
Open Until Filled
Best Consideration: June 6, 2019
*Pre-employment criminal background investigation is a condition of employment.
As a participating member of the Maryland Retirement and Pension System, HCC offers two retirement options: The Pension, which requires a 7% employee contribution and The ORP, a 403(b) with a 7.25% employer contribution only. Employees in positions that do not require a bachelor's degree must participate in The Pension. Employees that possess a bachelor's degree and hold professional positions that require a bachelor's degree may choose to participate in either The Pension or The ORP.
Howard Community College (HCC) is an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action employer & values diversity within its faculty, staff & student population. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
HCC understands that persons with specific disabilities may need assistance with the job application process and/or with the interview process. For confidential assistance with the job application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 443-518-1100.
- Cover letter