Part-time Customer Service Representative
Lionel Henderson & Co., Inc. is looking to hire Part-time Customer Service Representatives to respond to all incoming telephone inquiries; and provide the appropriate referral regarding NFIP/FEMA policy rules and regulations.
• Answer incoming calls on the first ring and respond to telephone inquiries and requests from insured, agents, lenders, and government personnel.
• Responds to general written inquiries via email.
• Explains policy coverage, interprets regulations, resolves general processing problems, verifies policy status, explains procedures, and computes and/or quotes rates.
• Exercise appropriate use of supporting resources and referral information for call routing.
• Working knowledge of the NFIP services application, FEMA/NFIP website, Microsoft Outlook, and Microsoft Office applications.
• Document via log notes all incoming and outgoing telephone inquiries into the NFIP services database.
• Adhere to response procedures/processes to address policyholders, agents, and lenders inquiries.
• Adhere to Covansys'/LHC policies and procedures.
• Maintain productivity levels in conjunction with call volume and correspondence.
• Performs administrative/clerical duties as assigned; i.e., filing, document distribution, copying, mail processing.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Commonly used accounting concepts, practices and procedures
• Basic arithmetic
• General office practices and procedures
• Fluent in the English language, some locations require bi-lingual, Spanish
• Correct English grammar, spelling and punctuation
• Microsoft Office Programs such as Word, Excel, Lotus Notes, Access, and PowerPoint
Work experience requirements:
• Two or more years of customer service experience preferred
• Type 35 -- 40 wpm
• Ability to work other shifts and/or weekend hours as required.
• Excellent oral/written communication skills.
• One year or more of insurance servicing in a call center environment preferred
• One year of NFIP experience preferred
Education / Experience:
• High School Diploma or GED; two years at an accredited college preferable.
• Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Office hours are M-F from 10am-8pm. Candidates must be able to work 20-25 hours per week. Weekends and Holidays may be required according to business demands.
• Interested persons should email their resume and salary history to email@example.com.
Lionel Henderson & Co., Inc. is an Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled.