Engineer I/II - Design
Fairfax Water has an immediate opening for an Engineer I/II. This position will perform entry level work, or intermediate level work depending on experience and grade assignment, in the design of public water supply facilities.
Essential functions include:
- Performing design and/or project management duties associated with various engineering projects such as water main design/relocation, small structure design, easement/survey calculations and thrust block design.
- Assisting with the preparation of construction documents including drawings and specifications, including the Water Main Installation and Service Contract.
- Assisting in the preparation of cost estimates.
- Assisting in the preparation of Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and Fairfax Water Board agenda items.
- Preparing and updating project tracking spreadsheets, databases and schedules.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Civil preferred). An Engineer-in-Training certification is required for the Engineer II position. Candidates should have knowledge of the principles and practices of civil engineering and of their applications to engineering problems. Candidates should also have a general knowledge of topographic and construction surveying, stress analysis, mechanics and properties of materials.
To review the full requirements for the position please go to our website at www.fairfaxwater.org and apply online. Fairfax Water offers competitive salaries as well as a comprehensive benefits package, including excellent health insurance, tuition reimbursement, flexible spending accounts, and a defined benefit retirement plan. The salary range for this position is $56,451.62 to $116,987.73 per annum. Applications must be received by June 23, 2019.
About Fairfax Water
Fairfax Water is a respected leader in the drinking water industry, supplying drinking water to nearly two million people in Fairfax, Loudoun, and Prince William Counties, the Towns of Herndon and Vienna, and the Cities of Alexandria, Falls Church, and Fairfax. We are Virginia’s largest water utility and one of the 25 largest water utilities in the country, serving one of every five Virginians who obtain their water from public utilities. We aim to uphold customer trust by providing water of exceptional quality and reliability at a reasonable price, supporting the high quality of life and economic vitality of Northern Virginia.