Assistant Controller- 19112
World Wildlife Fund (WWF), the world's leading conservation organization, seeks an Assistant Controller. The Assistant Controller directs the operation of all functional areas related to Account Payables, cashflow analysis and investments. Provides high-level support in decision making to the Controller and CFO. Prepare schedules, reconcile ledgers and directly manage specific accounts within the department. Assists in all month-end and year-end closing activities for all companies.
- Direct the operations of the Account Payables function and interfaces with the departmental managers and staff to ensure timely payment processing and problem resolution for WWF-US headquarters disbursements. The annual disbursements value is approximately $150M. Interact with the banking portals to monitor and resolve payment transactions. Communicates and manages critical deadlines and staff changes. Direct the year-end closing processes for Account Payables and prepare schedules and journal entries for specific accounting areas, such as trust revaluation, general accruals, payroll, etc.
- Review and approve all WWF – HQ payments (e.g. EFTs and checks)
- Assist in general ledger maintenance including accruals, adjusting entries and account reconciliations.
- Ensure intercompany activity postings are accurate and complete. Assist in identifying any discrepancies in the accounts, troubleshoot the origin, and make correcting entries to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Review all payment transactions for policy compliance and overall financial integrity.
- Assist with management of banking activities including check approvals, depositing and reconciliations.
- Administer the accounting aspects of major programs or donors, such as the Global Environment Facility (GEF) and the Green Climate Fund (GCF).
- Provide oversight of the annual institutional and uniform guidance audit and other project audits. Prepare the annual financial statements in coordination with the Controller and other financial staff. Work directly with the independent auditors to negotiate and resolve issues.
- Direct the preparation and processing of various transactions related to the WWF Bond and Capital assets. Prepares the monthly intercompany entries and reconciles the LLC accounts to WWF's consolidated ledgers.
- Monitor and prepare non-resident tax payments, as departmental staff identifies them.
- Develop and update policies and procedures to ensure that the department's Intranet site remains up to date, by regularly ensuring that the content is clear and concise. Evaluates and reviews the accounting department's procedures, to identify and implement process improvements. Develops and delivers a variety of training sessions related to Accounting and audit issues.
- Manage the relationship with USAID regarding indirect cost rate negotiation and the issuance of WWF's provisional and final NICRA agreements. Provides guidance and prepares schedules related to the underlying support for the indirect cost rate.
- Participate in monthly and/or quarterly financial reviews.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business is required. CPA strongly preferred.
- Requires at least ten (10) years of accounting work experience, with at least 3 years of proven and successful management experience.
- Must have accounts payable management experience
- Not-for-profit work experience is preferred
- Excellent accounting skills. Attention to detail; and flexibility to successfully accommodate and manage to deadlines.
- Knowledge and experience with a major accounting system, making changes and understanding computer process control issues.
- Knowledge and experience with Oracle and Workday financial applications is desirable.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong internal and external customer service focus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work well independently.
- Ability to function effectively as a team member.
Please Note: We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible. Applications will be reviewed as soon as they are received.
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition #19112
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status. WWF values diversity and inclusion and welcomes diverse candidates to apply.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/fwqz3f7t8fmsmpj2