Administrative Assistant, Shows & Exhibits
SUMMARY: Provide technical and logistical support to the Managing Director, as well as provide support to other staff within the Division.
1. Act as divisional budget coordinator to include monitoring and oversight of divisional expenses, as well as contributing to the annual budget planning. Keep Managing Director informed of potential budgetary issues in a timely manner.
2. Assist, as directed, with planning and coordination of all meetings, including divisional, cross-divisional, and Executive level. Assist Managing Director in preparing agendas, reports and presentations.
3. Assist, as directed, in the preparation of the quarterly EVP report in an accurate and timely manner. Assist with the writing and editing of other correspondence, including talking points, committee meeting minutes, and replies to member, exhibitor, and vendor inquiries. Assist with contract edits, updates and monitoring contractual obligations.
4. Assist other divisional staff, as directed, with inbound exhibitor service calls, maintaining staff hotel lists, event ticketing and food and beverage orders in an accurate and timely manner.
5. Responsible for all aspects of travel management for the Managing Director to include airline, hotel and car rental arrangements, Travel Advance Forms and preparing and submittal of any Expense Report resulting from NRA travel.
6. Monthly reconcile Managing Director’s American Express card in an accurate and timely manner, and provide Excel spreadsheet and receipts to the Treasurer’s Office as requested.
7. Monitor timecards for divisional staff to ensure compliance with timecard submission requirements, as well as ensuring that timecards are correctly completed by staff.
8. Coordinate and process divisional documentation to include staff travel arrangements, travel authorizations, expense reports, check/purchase and graphic order requests in an accurate and timely manner.
9. Maintain Managing Director’s calendar in an accurate and timely manner. Answer incoming calls and relay messages promptly.
10. Provide input to Managing Director relative to potential staff problems to include personnel issues or work assignment situations in a confidential and timely manner.
11. Act as the divisional “go-to” person for staff relative to procedural questions or general assistance to ensure daily functions of the division are accomplished in a timely manner. Support divisional needs by managing office supplies and assisting other departments as needed. Coordinate staff meals and holiday gatherings.
SCOPE: High visibility and coordination with NRA Shows and Exhibits Division staff; General Operations Divisions; NRA Divisions to include Financial Services and Human Resources; contractors; vendors; NRA members and the general public. Position functions in a fast paced work environment with frequent interruptions and minimal direct supervision. Occasional weekend work required. Occasional after-hours work, Monday through Friday, required. Occasional national travel required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: College degree required. 4+ years previous administrative support required. Budgetary experience helpful.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES: Excellent oral and written communication skills required. Proven ability to interface effectively with all levels of individuals required. Strong organizational and time management skills required. Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects while adhering to strict deadlines essential, while at the same time remaining flexible to ever changing priorities essential. Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook required, as well as willingness to learn other software packages essential. Proven analytical and problem-solving skills essential. Demonstrated ability to exercise confidentiality in sensitive matters critical. Creative thinker and self-starter essential. Ability to work independently or as a member of a team essential. Must possess a high degree of professionalism and responsibility.
To apply, send resume with cover letter to email@example.com. The NRA is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer offering an extensive benefits package.