Social Media Coordinator
The Social Media Coordinator will assist in managing the University of Maryland’s social media program.
Working with the university’s Social Media Manager, the coordinator will help execute a social media strategy that helps promote UMD as a premier institution, strengthen the university’s social media presence, and increase engagement with the university community. This includes content creation and posting, managing the university’s content calendar, and measuring the performance of social media content and campaigns. The social media coordinator is a highly motivated individual with experience and a passion for brand management. The coordinator will manage posts and social media advertising campaigns, listen to and engage with existing social media conversations, and produce robust metrics reports that demonstrate reach and relevance.
Education (include licenses, certifications, etc.):
Bachelor’s degree preferred. An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the degree.
2 years of relevant experience with a Bachelor’s Degree; OR
4 years of relevant experience with an Associate’s Degree; OR
6 years of relevant experience with a High School Diploma or GED.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Demonstrates creativity and documented immersion in social media.
• Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios. Also has a working knowledge of social media tools (i.e., Tweetdeck, Hootsuite, etc.) and monitoring and reporting services.
• Maintains excellent writing and language skills.
• Displays the ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and video format.
• Makes evident good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly.
• Works well in a team environment.