Personnel Status: PIN/Exempt
Open Date: May 29, 2019
Closing Date: June 14, 2019
Responsibilities: The Budget Analyst I reports directly to the Assistant Director of Budget and Finance and is responsible for providing budgetary support, organizing, and planning activities for the Budget Office related to the management of the University’s budget. The responsibilities of the “Budget Analyst I” are as follows:
- Assist in managing the day-to-day budget operations.
- Assist in the development of the University’s operational budget.
- Prepare monthly budget reports and analytical data to assist management in planning, presenting, and conveying an accurate financial picture of the University.
- Review departmental budget transactions and answer inquiries pertaining to department’s budget.
- Conduct monthly budget meetings with divisional and/or departmental budget managers.
- Responsible for maintaining position control.
- Manage the Contingent personnel Access database.
- Reconcile encumbrance discrepancies with Payroll.
- Manage and process all budget journals, transfers, and/or revisions for University departments.
- Conduct budget-training workshops.
- Manage sponsored projects funding and budgets for special projects.
- Facilitate and track all USM legislative fiscal impact responses for pending bills.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: Bachelor Degree in accounting, finance, economics, business, public administration or related field from an accredited four-year college or university required. Minimum three (3) experience in budgeting, accounting and/or fiscal analysis required; preferably in a higher education environment. Experience with PeopleSoft Financials, HR, and Student Services or equivalent software package. Possess a good working knowledge of basic accounting principles and electronic spreadsheets. Must be proficient in MS Excel spreadsheets, Word, PowerPoint, and Access. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Ability to prepare and present oral and written reports upon request. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with administrative staff, State budget officials and other employees. Knowledge of the principles and practices of business administration, budgeting, finance, government accounting, state government, and sound management practices.
Condition of Employment: Weekend, shift work, or on-call may be required.
SALARY: $60,000 - $65,000 RANGE: I
APPLICATION: Interested and qualified applicants should go to https://bowiestate.peopleadmin.com/ to apply online. Paper application submissions will not be considered.
Office of Human Resources
Bowie State University
14000 Jericho Park Road
Bowie, MD 20715
Bowie State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Auxiliary aids and services for individuals with disabilities are available upon request. Please contact the University’s EEO Officer at 301-860-3442.
In accordance with the Cleary Act of 2000, you are advised to contact the Bowie State University Campus Police Office for Disclosure of Criminal Incidents that occur on our campus.