The Chronicle of Higher Education is hiring a highly motivated, energetic Marketing Assistant to join our Content Revenue department. As the marketing assistant, you’ll play a key role in supporting revenue generating activities for The Chronicle of Higher Education and The Chronicle of Philanthropy’s suite of products. You will oversee the reporting and analysis of off- and online marketing and sales programs, provide key administrative, project management, and customer service support, and assist with the creation and deployment of email marketing campaigns.What you’ll do:
- Assist with the creation of email campaigns, including ad hoc copywriting and editing and program setup.
- Compile and provide the team with weekly revenue, campaign, and user behavior reporting, including but not limited to paywall conversions, content consumption, subscription renewal rates, store sales, webinar sales, marketing channel performance, and site license renewal metrics.
- Ensure daily team operations run smoothly by overseeing invoice submissions, product fulfillment print orders, contract organization, inbox management, and webinar platform and website updates.
- Request and oversee the development of creative assets and deliverables to ensure deadlines are met in a timely manner; Ensure requested ad campaigns are up and running in order to meet our campaign goals and increase customer awareness.
- Manage and answer emails in multiple customer service inboxes; Assist Customer Service team when they need additional phone support.
Who you are:
- 1+ years working in digital and/or direct marketing role. Experience in media or nonprofits a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or other related field of study; or a combination of relevant education and experience
- Working knowledge of digital marketing and analytic platforms, such as Eloqua, Marketo, Qualtrics, and Adobe Analytics, a plus
- Basic understanding of digital marketing, including email marketing and social media
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, innovative environment
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Marketing Assistant” in the subject heading.
The Chronicle is based in Washington, D.C. Our salaries are competitive and we offer excellent benefits, such as comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance, tuition reimbursement and 24 days of paid vacation.
The Chronicle is an Equal Opportunity Employer.