Administrative Assistant, DC Office Services
Key results expected:
- Efficient day-to-day receptionist and administrative support for the WDC Office;
- Improved quality of internal and external communication.
Main duties/ Responsibilities:
- Answer telephones and direct caller to appropriate staff or team;
- Ensures reception services are available during regular working hours;
- Meet and greet clients and visitors;
- Retrieve, sort, and distribute incoming mail including newspapers
- Responsible for office mailings (e.g., FedEx, DHL, courier services); sign for and distribute vendor deliveries and courier packages; and, schedule local courier and/or overnight mailings and deliveries as needed;
- Grant WiFi internet access to guests as required; locate workstations for office visitors and place reserved signs for them.
- Act as super-user to set-up, coordinate, and manage scheduling of meetings in WDC conference rooms as needed;
- Responsible for orderliness and maintenance of the conference rooms, supply rooms and kitchen;
- Coordinate catering needs for internal meetings as needed; determine catering needs; provide suggestions, and work within budgetary requirements;
- Coordinate with Geneva staff and external partners when holding meetings in DC office. Reserve meeting room, order catering, set-up and arrange for all meals and breaks as requested. Provide administrative support throughout the meetings as required;
- Order snacks, weekly fresh produce and stationary for the office. Manage kitchen and office supply inventory, copier/printer support, provide list of items to be ordered to Head of DC Office Services, ensure receipt of order(s) against packing lists;
- Provide administrative and office support as needed or required;
- Liaise with HDCOS and building management on staff and tenant concerns;
- Receive and review notices from building management, and forward to staff as appropriate;
- Oversee maintenance of suite and common areas, including monitoring internal rest rooms;
- Oversee kitchen and production rooms to ensure equipment is working and well maintained; enter service tickets with responsible parties when equipment is out of order
- Open Purchase Orders for assigned DCOS vendors; ensure vendors are paid on time and respond to vendors’ queries;
- Track certain DCOS expenses by vendor by month and reflect costs in monthly KPI’s report;
- Track office furniture inventory, tag new furniture and issue an end of year office furniture list;
- Conduct queries and follow-up to routine vendor payment inquiries as needed.
- Liaise with candidates to set interview timing and provide logistics for overseas conference calls and/or travel of candidates as needed;
- Administer assigned tests to interview candidates as needed;
- Organise French classes for staff including raising the contract and PO; liaising with staff and vendor on schedules; sending appropriate class calendars to staff, reserving meeting rooms; managing any staff or vendor’s issues or concerns;
- Provide general assistance to HDCOS concerning DC office HR-related issues.
- Serve as a support (back-up in case of absence) for Senior Administrative Assistant, DCOS;
- Provide onsite administrative support to Director of Strategy, Risk and Performance on reserving rooms for his meetings, adding venues of meetings to his calendar, printing and binding reports and confidential documents, and other duties as assigned.
Note: The essential functions listed in this section are not exhaustive of the job responsibilities; other duties may be assigned consistently with the department needs.
- Completion of high school diploma or equivalent required;
- Enrolled in, or completed undergraduate study in human resources, business administration, or similar field of study highly desirable.
- Minimum of 3 years previous office experience, including human resources support, preferred.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team and a multi-cultural environment, and establish harmonious and effective working relationships;
- Excellent problem-solving skills– identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyses information skillfully.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, written and oral;
- Exercise tact and discretion; maintains confidentiality;
- Ability to prioritize and work under pressure;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision;
- Must be flexible with work hours.
- Fluency in written and spoken English; knowledge of a second language is an asset.
- The Gavi Secretariat.
- Gavi partners and stakeholders.
Gavi is committed to diversity within its workforce and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
If you wish to apply, please provide a cover letter and resume through our Careers webpage and apply by clicking on "Administrative Assistant, DC Office Services.”
Become part of our community and join us on Facebook and Twitter for updates about our mission to save children’s lives! You can also follow our hashtag #vaccineswork.