BLH Technologies, Inc., is seeking an experienced project manager to manage a large‑scale Veterans Administration project. This role involves overseeing onsite staff, as well as interacting directly with the client, assuming full accountability for all contract deliverables. Candidates must also be able to contribute to the company’s proposal development for new contracts.
Knowledge and Special Skills Required:
- Highly organized and able to hire and manage staff to fulfill the terms of the contract.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to set and meet specific, overlapping deadlines.
- Experience applying quality assurance checks to ensure accuracy.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with Federal contracting.
- Experience using a variety of software packages, including Microsoft Office.
- Willingness to work extended hours to meet deadlines or business development initiatives.
- Interest in and knowledge of national and global public health issues.
- Ability to oversee and deliver progress reports on a monthly or more frequent basis.
- Experience developing and implementing procedures and operating standards to meet project goals.
- Ability to identify and recommend innovations that lead to improvements in program efficiencies.
- Accountable for the successful performance of the project.
- Ability to ensure that all tasks are completed on schedule, within scope, and within budget.
- Skilled at serving as the primary liaison between the Contracting Officer’s Representative, technical advisors, and other contacts.
- Proven experience defining clear job roles, providing performance evaluations, and establishing wages.
- B.A./B.S. degree.
- 5+ years of direct program management experience, with human resources experience preferred.
- Background in financial management and employment contracts negotiations.
- Ability to obtain a Federal security clearance.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- Previous experience with the Veterans Administration a plus