Sr. Business Architect
We are looking for a Sr. Business Architect to manage a series of high-profile projects or tasks that can roll up to one or more programs for a high-profile application design/data migration initiative, with multiple programs directly or tangentially involved. This role will be located onsite with the client, split between Herndon, VA and Washington, DC. While this person will have a direct report to a director/manager within your team, he or she will be expected to report to VP-level or above executives on project advisory/status, as well as other vendors, other on-site/off-site contractors, and service providers. This person will be expected to operate autonomously in many cases, and to be decisive in guiding the projects to success.
- Gather and document requirements to advance the work of one or more projects within different portfolios.
- Develop, implement, and share best practices and tools in areas such as technology development, project management, risk management, etc.
- Manage key internal and external relationships. Identify and resolve project issues, interdependencies, and conflicts. Ensure positive outcomes.
- Identify and evaluate technology alternatives.
- Provide analytical support in synthesizing and reporting results.
- Establish schedules and priorities.
- 10+ years of general IT project management experience; multiple examples of such work preferred (requirements, quality assurance, project management, production support)
- High-energy, proven self-starter who can operate completely independent from management in most circumstances. Decisiveness is a key trait.
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization, from VP/Executives to end user analysts
- Project/Program management is a high priority
- Data migration and legacy system management
- Expertise in Agile Scrum (CSM or CSPO certification preferred)
- Commercial mortgage industry experience a plus
- Database/data analysis skills a plus
- Split time between Herndon, VA and Washington, DC