This position will run point in the evaluation and implementation of new enterprise hardware, maintenance of existing enterprise equipment, and serve as a primary resource in the design for future network growth. We are looking for someone with honed technical, communication, and time-management skills that is comfortable working in both independent and team environment settings.
- Perform design, configuration, deployment, maintenance, and monitoring tasks to provide a secure, stable, high-performance network environment in accordance with established policies.
- Install, maintain, and monitor LAN devices including; network servers, switches, routers, firewalls, and other peripheral devices.
- Monitor network performance and conduct intermediary network restoration/recovery actions.
- Troubleshoot LAN and WAN hardware and software problems to resolution or locate appropriate resolution source and provide updates to call tracking system.
- Design, implement, and troubleshoot on-premises networks with multiple WAN connections and VLAN configurations.
- Design, implement, and troubleshoot virtualization environments.
- Produce and maintain detailed network performance and utilization documentation.
- Provide technical advice on LAN and WAN issues concerning system expansion and upgrades.
- Assist in developing, implementing, testing, and maintaining disaster recovery plans.
- Collaborate with security team to ensure new software, platforms, and designs meet security compliance requirements.
- Communicate effectively with Information Services staff and end-users in the evaluation and development of Association IT business solutions.
- Build positive end-user relationships by developing an understanding of division/department business practices and objectives.
- Complete projects and tasks within established guidelines.
- In-depth knowledge of, and experience with; major internet routing protocols, router platforms, and design concepts.
- Ability to apply necessary testing, practices, and procedures prudently.
- Ability to problem-solve IT systems issues, and identify effective and cost-efficient solutions.
- Experience with monitoring tools.
- Excellent network analysis fundamentals and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and conceptual thinking skills.
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers and vendors.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Routing and Switching certification
- Wireless network experience
- Windows Domain design/management
- NAS management
- Virtualization management
- Proficiency with Microsoft Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity software, including Visio
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Current Cisco certification with CCNA minimum. At least 5 years of relevant experience including on-premises network design and implementation, and LAN/WAN troubleshooting. Equivalent combination of experience and education would be considered.
The selected finalist will be required to undergo credit/criminal background checks. To apply, send resume with cover letter stating salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. The NRA is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer offering an extensive benefits package.